Full Metal Chicken, bok bok

That's really cool Bob - old motor bike petrol tank for the body?

Flyingfool, she sees then everytime I come in from the garage, though she still doesn't know what I'm making

All the pieces came from our local scrapyard. The body is an old Honda fuel tank; the neck is a cut off of new exhaust pipe; the head, is a bicycle seat, and will tip and turn; the wings were some kind of leaves from a metal planter; and the tail is a piece off a plastic inner fender that I sawed up with a 4-1/2” cut-off wheel. The “foot” is a 20” bicycle fork and added a cross piece for stability. My wife has added a “waddle” since the picture, of red fabric, and did all the painting.
Bob

that's very cool, thanks for sharing.

Getting closer --- to Christmas! Argh!

Head started off as a cross between a Mayan face mask and something out of a Spartacus film
IMG_20211223_182445.jpg

and after many rivets and cuts (of me and the metal), you get a faintly Chicken Run-esque head
IMG_20211223_191554.jpg

the wattle is painted, as are the wings and all I have to make is the crest. Spent a bunch of time drawing out different options and I think I'll have it tomorrow :D

rooster.jpg

Nice work so far!

I went with a little simpler approach. All the curved bits are teeth/diggers from a spring-tooth harrow, wings are scraper knives from a disk harrow, head is some random bit off a farm implement, beak is sickle mower sections, comb is some roller chain.

that's really cool Paul, looks fabulous. I love the plants growing up in the middle of it, might have to try that for a future project.

Just waiting for the paint to dry on the head to finish assembly :)

Back