Frejoth FI-900 wiring diagram

No problemo
Measure the transformer output X1 to X3 and check for 120 volts AC (be careful)
There is a fuse there that might have blown- shut off power before removing it
See if the jog button does anything
X1 to X3 is 118.2 v
Fuse has continuity (measured with unit unplugged). There is no voltage at either side of the holder with the negative probe of my tester on the ground screw where the power pigtail comes in to the control box (with the unit plugged in to 110v receptacle.)
Jog button has no response

You won't see any voltage w/respect to ground because it's an isolated circuit- at least the transformer is OK
You might have a flaky contactor- these components are all getting pretty old now
I'll put together some info tomorrow while I'm on my first coffee
Ciao

Last edited:
Shoot another pic of the contactor box and try to fill the frame- get as close as you can to the wiring
but keep it in focus- that will help a lot
Also, I had a couple questions about the control panel: what are those yellow wires? Looks like they are tied together
If that's a lighted button then they are probably for the light
bksidefre.jpeg

Last edited:
Shoot another pic of the contactor box and try to fill the frame- get as close as you can to the wiring
but keep it in focus- that will help a lot
Also, I had a couple questions about the control panel: what are those yellow wires? Looks like they are tied together
If that's a lighted button then they are probably for the light
View attachment 485037

Yes, the yellow wires are for "power on " red light and the red/pink wires are for a switch.
In the photos of the cover, the double yellow wires with a fork connector have continuity to the upper left block terminal labeled "5". The single yellow wire shows 80 ohms resistance to that same terminal as well as 80 ohms resistance at the upper right block terminal labeled "5" as well. I'm struggling to label the pix I took with my phone so I could be clearer.
With the power cord plugged in, the jumper wire from the switch to the "1" terminal in the upper left in place AND the double yellow and single yellow wire terminal TOUCHING each other, the motor engages when the power switch is turned on.

Again, thank you so much for working through this with me. I missed your email this morning because I did not scroll to page three of the thread; I thought the thread would roll to the newest post.

Attachments

• 20240402_213401.jpg
    20240402_213401.jpg
    360.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 20240402_213404.jpg
    20240402_213404.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 20240402_212415.jpg
    20240402_212415.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 14
Hi again-
1) Let's call these by their proper name to avoid confusion: contactors (power relays)

2) The green panel switch- I thought something was fishy there. It appears you have discovered it has a broken contact
if the yellow spade lug wires need to be shorted to bring the machine up. For now, just fasten them together and tape them.
Two pairs of switch contacts to close for power up seems redundant anyhow.

3) Now you should be able to do the test in post #10, that should point us in the right direction
contname.jpeg
panelswq.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi Mark-
I taped the two yellow wires together and verified the motor kicks on when the switch on the box cover is turned on. I removed the #3 (red) wire from the microswitch group and pressed the jog button; no response. I did not try to evaluate the jog button for contact this evening. That will be a project for fresh eyes tomorrow after work.

You removed the red wire and the motor stopped running? that's what we're after
That proves there's an issue with the microswitches
Jog button is a minor detail- not that important
Here is a diagram for the micros:
The cams and lever should be examined for proper operation/adjustment
Lever down= forward
Lever up= reverse
Microswdet1a.jpeg

Last edited:
With the red #3 wire removed the motor still turns when the power switch is turned to the ON position. The reverse cam needed to be rotated a slight bit for the switch to open when the carriage control lever is lifted up.

Hmm. OK, Seems there is still a short somewhere. We'll need to lift a few more wires
until the motor stops---that box has seen better days- forklift damage?

Shut off power and lift these 3: If motor stops, check for shorts red3 to black4 or red3 to white5
Jog button could be shorted also
That big terminal strip is cracked I noticed
lift345.jpeg

Last edited:
Back