Franko's Whatever Works

Thanks extropic.
Having my stock so I can see what I have helps me not buy stock I already have, which was happening a lot.

Franko, I just took a tour of your shop, I'm very impressed. You did a great job on the layout by utilizing every square inch of available space. The new lathe will be very happy in it's new environment. I love your 2x48 belt sander. Bob

Thanks for looking, Bob. The shop is, like all shops, still a work in progress. Thus, the wheels. :)

Franko, I just took a tour of your shop, I'm very impressed. You did a great job on the layout by utilizing every square inch of available space. The new lathe will be very happy in it's new environment. I love your 2x48 belt sander. Bob

I spent months arranging tools on a floorplan on my computer. The space seemed big on the plans and even after I finished it out. But, once I started putting in the tool boxes and machinery, it got cozy quickly. The floor plans I devised on the computer seemed just right, but once it was all in there, I did two major change-ups.

I thought all the machines would be against the outside wall, but once it was all in there I wished I'd strung wire on the other side. The machines really need to be in front of the rack on the garage wall. I also didn't have the big horizontal band saw and shop press when I was doing the planning.

It is where I'm happiest, Pineyfolks. I had an extra high back leather rocking desk chair so I put it in there. I have a sore back, so I need to sit down every 30 minutes or so to rest it. It is also a great place to listen to music and smoke my evening cigar in the winter. I put in a seriously good stereo system. It is a Kenwood car radio driving two M-Audio bi-amped studio monitors and a sub-woofer. It is a good radio, plays CDs and has has a USB input for iPhone or memory sticks and an aux input for the tv sound.

View attachment 97030
Franko you have a great looking shop that feels like home. I second the comment about having found the right forum. I think a mans shop is his refuge.

--Chip

Back