Found this on Craigslist. Can anyone tell me about it?

http://wenatchee.craigslist.org/tls/4826009832.html

It looks like it has a QC gearbox but I'm not that familiar with Clausing lathes. I've emailed asking for the model number but no reply yet.

Can anyone educate me on this one?

Depending on the what condition the ways are in.... if that were here in Seattle area......I i'd be all over that like white on rice... faster than a dog fart travels! :)):))

Depending on the what condition the ways are in.... if that were here in Seattle area......I i'd be all over that like white on rice... faster than a dog fart travels! :)):))

Dang, a dog fart huh???? That's like warp 90!!!! You are closer than I am to it. I just found it before you did. You need to check Craigslist more often :))

Got the $$$, got a trailer, have my straps and chains and some cribbing loaded. Ready to head out at 6 or earlier tomorrow. I'll post some pics when I can. I could work Friday and make some extra money, but I think I'll take it off to play with my new (to me) toy.

There's nothing like a man possessed to get his new machine up and running. Godspeed buddy.

If you can would you let me know what size the spindle bore is on your lathe?

Thanks

The 4800 series Clausing which I sold had a spindle bore a little under 1" IIRC. My current Clausing has a 1-3/8" bore.

Just got home. Put the trailer in my garage and I'm done for tonight. I woke up today with a sore throat and it just got worse all day.

The guy was pretty cool, he had a huge shop and does metalwork for the logging industry. He gave me the lathe for $1200 even.

He had a very cool everyday work truck.

20150101_114130.jpg20150101_122055.jpg20150101_122132.jpg

Tomorrow I have to get it out of the trailer. I was hoping to use my engine crane and slide it under the axle and lift it out. But the axle is too low to the ground. I'll figure it out tomorrow.

20150101_114130.jpg 20150101_122055.jpg 20150101_122132.jpg

You can bring it over here, I'll be happy to off load it with one of my forklifts. :lmao:

Back