• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

Forum Software Update

Nels

Founder/Mechanic
Staff member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
In order to rectify a few problems the forum has been having, and to allow for future progress, I have updated the software to Xenforo 2.0 Beta 6.
Only addons that work with this software will function. Thus, some functionality will be lost, albeit hopefully temporarily. As replacement 2.0 compatible addons become available, I will install them. Please be patient! Thanks!

firestopper

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
Loggen on about an hour ago and thought WTH (heck)? Looks like more options/features. What can you tell me about the "jump to new" and "watch" tabs. Perhaps they have always been there and never noticed them until the new background color change.
I also noticed our avatar no longer shows our location. This was handy for answering many questions (IMO).

Last edited:

Nels

Founder/Mechanic
Staff member
As the addons become 2.0 compatible, I will buy and install them. I am as new to the new version as you are. Feel free to look around.

.LMS.

Lathe Noob
You'll probably get complaints about the changes, but let me be the first to thank you for the work you put into this site. It's a thankless job - hardly anyone says anything positive when it works, but when it doesn't, look out.... It's the first site I go to when I open my browser!

Nels

Founder/Mechanic
Staff member
I love making this place better. That's what I do. Just please be a little patient until I stabilize things.

mark_f

Global Moderator
Staff member
Nels,
I think the new layout is awesome, better than the old in many ways. Yes, there will be some glitches along the way, but we just need to be patient. If everyone takes a little time to look around they will catch on quickly. Thank you for your tireless efforts to make this place better.

Suzuki4evr

Looks great,but I still can't log out even if I click on my name. please advise.

David S

Active User
Click on your name / avatar top right. A box opens. Down at the bottom > Log Out. It worked for me.

David

firestopper

Nels,
Sorry if my post came across as a complaint, it was not at all ment to be such. I was merely indicating a aviators location is helpful for regional questions for those who wish to share where they live. Your efforts are always appreciated sir.
Sincerely, Paco

David S

Active User
Just noticed that the country / state flags are missing as well.

David

Alan H

Thanks Nels, truly appreciate your efforts and the culture of this board.

BTW, the photo posting is still flawless. I just added a couple and it is as "eazy peezy" as before. Photos are critical to our stories and queries.

EDIT: I also edited a post from yesterday as the OP. It worked well and let me change the title a bit. Obviously, I am using it on this edit as well and what you see is what you get.

Last edited:

tweinke

Active User
Looking pretty good to me! Also I agree that it seems faster. The people on the backside of this forum do not get the recognition they should, So I would like to say Thank you to all of you guys!

Suzuki4evr

I totally agree with you.Just still can't get it to log out. Maybe I am a bit slow or something.

Suzuki4evr

I FINALLY got it. Went to the little bell icon at th top and got my account.

Nels,great job and thanks for your dedication to the forum.

Suzuki4evr

Can you post pictures from your phone gallery by using the paperclip icon below marked attach files?

Silverbullet

I guess cause we're old and hate change we get flabbergasted and flusterated. But thanks Nells . This site gives me a place to visit off an on all day I mean 24 hr day too.

kvt

Active User
do not mind changes, but for some reason I had problems posting replies using IE. just switched over to FireFox and have been able to do some but some are now saying that they are not visable to everyone and are waiting moderator approval.

Dave Paine

do not mind changes, but for some reason I had problems posting replies using IE. just switched over to FireFox and have been able to do some but some are now saying that they are not visable to everyone and are waiting moderator approval.
The hiccup about waiting moderator approval is not new with this update, I had this in the previous version, as did others. I recall a moderator post stating they did not know why this happens.

Superburban

As a modeartor on two truck/4x4 sites, I understand a lot of the time and effort involved in keeping things running.

Nels,

Thanks for all you have done to make this place what it is.

As a disabled Vet, with a small fixed income, I can't help financially, I appreciate that this is a site without a paid membership. If there is anything I can do time wise, I would love to help.

George

Nels

Founder/Mechanic
Staff member
In a short while, all the coders will have the addon versions for 2.0. I know we miss the functionality, but please try to be patient. I will install the new versions as soon as I can buy them. This is a MAJOR upgrade (2.0) that only happens every few years.

ttabbal

So far, the mobile web version is working pretty well. I do miss Tapatalk though. No rush, but if it can be done, I'd appreciate it. Thanks for keeping the board running!

Container Above bottom breadcrumb