Fixing, rebuilding 4 cylinder diesel engines XUD9TE

Today i found the time to disassemble the turbo short block. First the oil pan come off, then the oil pump. After that pistons come out one by one, then main caps and last to come out was the crankshaft. From first looks the crank has been machined its 0,5 mm under, the bearings are fm so they are good quality. I already know the pistons are oversized so this engine has been completely rebuilt, but when i check the oil pump its from 96 same year as the engine. Who ever rebuild the engine did all that machine work new parts and left the original oil pump. Also the engine block looks to been line bored at the crankshaft bearings, i'll be opening that pump and probably replacing it just for a piece of main.
IMG_20231104_183807.jpgIMG_20231104_183818.jpgIMG_20231105_162630.jpg

Today i find some time to spend in the big garage. I clean some parts of the turbo engine, also went thru my spares found me a spare set of rods and pistons for the turbo engine, also found me two oil pumps one form a turbo on the left and N/A on the right. It's obvious when you look at the housing for the pump gears. The con rods of the 96 engines have been know to snap, the other set i've been saving are from a 92 D8C engine code and are known to be the toughest factory conrods. The crankshaft is machined 0,5 mm under and is in excellent condition.I did manage to get the engine block clean in the wash tank, hone the cylinders just to clean them. Now both engine blocks are ready to get the cylinders measured and the deck resurfaced.
IMG_20231105_162614.jpgIMG_20231105_162625.jpgIMG_20231105_162645.jpgIMG_20231105_162636.jpg

Today i had some time to spare so i decided to clean all the parts like pistons both sets then i took apart the conrods from the pistons. Took off the screen from the oil pump, check the inside it looked alright, clean every part then assembled the oil pump and stored it. I need to clean the conrods and pistons one more time but from what i've seen they can be reused and are in good shape. The engine block looks to been line honed at the main journals i need to check my micrometers and give everything a good measuring. Finally i wanted to compare a Vw 1.9 tdi conrod to the peugeot one. Peugeot con rods are way bigger thicker and fully forged. The bent one is from a Vw.
IMG_20231110_195824.jpgIMG_20231112_192117.jpg

Back