First Snow...

Don't use it on a gravel driveway, unless you want to rake gravel off your grass this spring before you mow. Voice of experience.

Have not used a snow blower since about 1987. Then I moved to the Nashville TN area from the Chicago IL area. I hated getting up before daylight cleaning the drive and going to work only to come home to a ice dam in my drive made by the city snowplow. Snow blower would not touch it!

The "big storm" pasted through Middle TN leaving only a few inches on the ground. This morning the sun is shining, it is above 32 F and rain is coming later today to wash away what remains of the snow and ice. Sorry you guys on the east coast, I had to say something.

Benny
The Orphanage Never Closes

Don't use it on a gravel driveway, unless you want to rake gravel off your grass this spring before you mow. Voice of experience.
Not necessarily.

But you have to set the feet right.

I actually built a set of wider feet for one of my snowblowers when we used to have a gravel driveway. Set properly, skimmed right above the rocks. Of course, it eventually just turned into a level snow covered driveway, which was the best you could hope for anyways where I was living at the time....:)

good idea, i was thinking taller feet but i can see how wider would work, i'll build a pair and try it out, winter ain't over yet

My back is killing me, even with the snowblower.

I got my neighbor's car out, etc.

I would love to live somewhere where snow is minimal, and spring starts in February.

It's gonna be about 60 here tomorrow, that ain't normal:)

We had our 3 days of winter already this year. In the 70°s the rest of the week.
*G*

68° forecast for next Tuesday - Bring it ON!
Have a couple of 'tuits' to take care of outside, that would be perfect weather for 'em.

Was surfing videos of the snow up in NYC, -bleh- what a fight to get through all that.
I'll have to say that I sure don't miss it.

One of the best things about Tucson, AZ was that 'winter' was some frost delays on the golf course in late Dec. and January, but by mid-Feb we were already into spring. :)

I can't take a humid heat (like Pensacola when I was stationed there), but can better tolerate a dry heat like Tucson. Phoenix? Now that's getting too toasty, even for me.

Back