First milling machine

You're going to have to buy a lot of mill for doing cylinder heads, and then it will be seriously over specified for reaming valve guides.
I think it will be a long, long time before those 'light paying jobs' actually start showing a profit.

Not trying to be a wet blanket, but maybe you should rethink things a little.
There's a lot you can do with smaller 'hobby' machine, including hobbies! ;)

One very popular one is building working scale model engines of all sorts, and if you try that you'll quickly build an impressive skill set that can be used for many other projects.

I'm sure others will comment with more ideas.

M

second milling machine

Dont feel bad I once had one now I want one. My friend (large machine shop) made a few calls thats
Friday, found two Bridgeports J heads what I want both run although 3phase I dont care $300.
This shop went to computors. Yesterday we went there with cash per phone call. Once a week
50gal drums of swarf gets picked up that was Friday and they took the two BPs all for scrap
*******s period. My fellow machinist just about got into fight with this shop. One hour waste of
time. Good side is my freind says Ill get you one around $300. After that on the way back in town
I go see another friend just to say hi and see two BPs he got for $0 Salt to injury!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back