First Lathe Project: Wedding Rings

Hey guys,

Thanks a bunch for the compliments!

To be honest I never put a lot of thought into related injuries and issues a high-strength ring may cause. Thank you for the comments and I will definitely hang the ring up when I work in the garage from now on. As a matter of fact I was at my brother's place yesterday to sandblast a few parts, and I had already read some of the comments here so I put my ring on a hook above his workbench. As soon as I got home I realized I forgot to put it back on!

Barry

nice rings, and nicer story and material sourcing and all - very cool.

Very nice.
I was hit with the ring idea after turning a bronze bushing for a shaft. Last weekend I set out to make some
stocking stuffers for the girls in my family.
Made 3 for each girl.
Experimented with offset turned knurled etc.
still need to polish them some but think they will work as stocking stuffers.
Read up on bronze jewelry and it can turn green from the copper content. Fingernail clear is said to be the cure for that if it is a problem.
View attachment 43880

You can also get some crystal clear polyurethane in a spray that is probably more durable that nail polish. I think Krylon makes it. I have a couple of cans I keep for shooting shiny stuff I make. Got at Lowe's.

Great looking rings, guys!

Purplev: Is that wood on the OD?

Tony: Thanks for the recommendation. I'll have a look next time I'm at Home Depot.

Thanks. heres another shot (not to steal from the original thread):

Please do!! So you turned the wood down after the brass was glued in? Was it glued? Looks great, very unique!

Back