First Lathe Project: Wedding Rings

Please do!! So you turned the wood down after the brass was glued in? Was it glued? Looks great, very unique!

thanks!

the wood was bored to take the brass rod which was then glued inside. I left the brass rod long to be able to chuck it in. then turned the wood down and finished it, then bored the brass rod to spec (finger size), chamferred 1 end, parted the ring, and chamferred the other end.

I have always worn a ring ever since I was married. In the shop and out. Wrong thing to do I know. For ones that wonder what can happen with a ring on, do a search in Google Images for "Degloving"

Take it to a jeweler and ask them to Rhodium plate the inside of the ring. It will stick because of the copper content in the Monel, and is non-reactive since it's a platinum alloy. You'll need to find an actual jeweler though, any shop that does bench work in house should have a plater set up for Rhodium.

Very nice all of you. I have one that has been on my finger for what will be 43 years April 4. It has never been taken off.

"Billy G" :whistle:

m-u 003 (800 x 600).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That reminds me of my dad, Bill. His never was taken off until the casket was closed for the last time. He worked as a house painter when he and mom first married, then as a warehouseman for the rest of his career. He never took off the ring, and mom took hers off only to let her father weld the engagement and wedding rings together. I think though, when she had her bypass surgery, they took it off.

Back