finally brought my 13" S.B. home

that is the truth it will get restored and the wicks are new yet to be installed. as i said i am trying to convince my wife to let me bring the shaper into the group. she sees a big piece of scrap. i said I can't lose, the guy will sell it to me for scrap price worse case it is a push.

wired up my motor today and it runs both ways, now for the flat belt. that will have to wait till I get back from Wa. state next week.
by the way I got a brand new 6 inch bison chuck with it. I like.

you jumped on the dison pretty quick since i corrected it almost immediately.

what exactly does a serpentine conversion consist of?

you jumped on the dison pretty quick since i corrected it almost immediately.

what exactly does a serpentine conversion consist of?
I'm sorry, I couldn't resist, LOL. A serpentine belt conversion is just an automotive serpentine belt. I think there are post in the southbend forum about how to do this. It works way better than a leather belt and has far less slipping and stretch. It is a little work to do but well worth it. The only bad thing about it is if you ever have to remove the head stock you have to cut the belt and make a new one. I am going to do a serpentine on my 10L

hey it's all good, and i will not be doing a serpentine. I just read a couple of threads and saw what it is. I have a couple of conveyor manufacturers here in town. I have access to some pretty cool synthetic grippy conveyor belting. for my drive.

I will be building my own qctp pdq tho. I will be building it mostly to take 3/8" hss. I do not think these old machine will work well with the carbide inserts.

A very nice trade Greg, and seriously in your favor. The indexer alone will bring the value of the trailer, you did good! Ken

I will be building my own qctp pdq tho. I will be building it mostly to take 3/8" hss. I do not think these old machine will work well with the carbide inserts.

Nice South Bend you got, As for Carbide Thats all I use on both the 13" South bend and The 13" LeBlond Regal. Top speed on the Regal is 750.

Paul

Back