Filthy Beast.

Here is a picture of it partially cleaned up:
Lathe Cleaning.jpg

Lathe Cleaning.jpg

Last edited:
Mine are 10-32 I have a bigger lathe but I imagine they would use the same sized screw .

Mine are 10-32 I have a bigger lathe but I imagine they would use the same sized screw .
Many Thanks, I'll order them tonight.

Upstate NY, Kingston. View attachment 94114

Hi Eddyde,

Here goes the funny story ,I also saw that lathe in Kingston , I was going up to see it during the week
I believe you bought it on Sun, the day before I was going up to see it( I called him on Fri and didn't get back to me
until late Sat. AM )

Anyway GOOD LUCK with it , it looks very nice & will be a great lathe after cleaning it up !

Best Regards................Kerry

Upstate NY, Kingston. View attachment 94114

Hi Eddyde,

Here goes the funny story ,I also saw that lathe in Kingston , I was going up to see it during the week
I believe you bought it on Sun, the day before I was going up to see it( I called him on Fri and didn't get back to me
until late Sat. AM )

Anyway GOOD LUCK with it , it looks very nice & will be a great lathe after cleaning it up !

Best Regards................Kerry

I actually drive up and paid him that Saturday night, he delivered it the next day. Gotta be lightning fast for those good deals on CL. Anyway, good luck with your search, if I see any similar deals around, I'll let you know.

I got a very similar machine a couple of years ago. Has the War Resources Board sticker on it. I believe mine was made in '45. Like yours, mine was a filthy mess when I got it, so I blew it completely apart and redid everything I could. I paid a good bit more than you did, but, in balance, got almost every accessory made for the lathe; many in the original boxes. Back story is that it was bout by a dentist right after WWII and, apparently, he didn't use it much. Lots of the original cosmoline on it. Anyhow, heres a pic of mine. Good luck with yours.

DSCF0128.JPG

DSCF0128.JPG

I actually drive up and paid him that Saturday night, he delivered it the next day. Gotta be lightning fast for those good deals on CL. Anyway, good luck with your search, if I see any similar deals around, I'll let you know.
Thank you for your interest, It said you lived in Brooklyn according to the Machinist profile( is that where he delivered it to ?)

Regards

Thank you for your interest, It said you lived in Brooklyn according to the Machinist profile( is that where he delivered it to ?)

Regards
No, he delivered it to my second home near Ellenville, NY. That's where I am setting up shop. I do live in Brooklyn, though, not room for much of a shop here in the apartment :( So weekends it is, till I retire...

Many Thanks for all the responses. I thought of pressure washing, but the day it was delivered the weather was freezing rain and I just had to get it into the shop. Now that's in the basement, I think that option is off the table. I do like the oven cleaner approach, I will definitely give it a try.

Hi Eddyde,

I'm new to metalworking , I came to it as a result of woodworking as a hobby and needed some better
jigs made out of metal vs wood. Anyway the oven cleaner works great, spray it on let it seat for 15-20 min. and wash or
schrub it off with a wire brush(brass). One note keep the room your using the oven cleaner in WELL VENTILATED !

Good luck...Kerry

Back