Fan project

Wow, those sure are nice. I cant get enough of old americana. Keep up the good work!

Update. Its almost finished. I need to make the new info plate and the center boss for the cage. It runs like a top, almost no vibration and puts out tons of air.

100_9168.JPG100_9169.JPG100_9170.JPG100_9171.JPG100_9172.JPG

Jeff

- - - Updated - - -

just keep the kids away from them!

Funny you should say that. A consult brought his kid with him the other day to my office and he let the little hellion play with everything. My buddy and I were joking about letting him play with this when I get it done. It will cut fingers but at least I don't think small fingers will hurt the blades. :roflmao::roflmao: Just joking of course I would never let someone get hurt. Especially a small person. It will go up on a high shelf in my office where the chances are small someone will get to it and I can still use it when I get in, in the mornings from my bike ride.

Jeff

100_9168.JPG 100_9169.JPG 100_9170.JPG 100_9171.JPG 100_9172.JPG

Your fan looks really good Jeff, should last another 50 years! What did you make the base plate out of, solid brass?

David

Fan question

You renewed my interest, my oldest is DC with external brushes. So I wonder if any chrome shop can do brass plating for the blades, what
do you fan people do for the brass, I think they are plated steel dont know I'll use a magnet and find out.

Show us a picture! I would think a fan that old would be brass and not plated. Give us the plate info.. And I will try to decode for you.

David

The base plate is cast bronze. I did a quick plywood model and cast it. Then turned it down on the lathe.

GK1918 please post pics of the fan. I love those old open motor ones. They are just out of my price range.

Jeff

Back