Family Room As Workshop

I spent 13 hours in the basement and garage yesterday between moving and cleaning. A friend came over for 6 of those hours, primarily during the moving stage. Very time consuming but we have the mill set up in the workshop. I was so tired when I finished, that I went upstairs, ate 2 hot dogs, went straight to bed and slept for 12 hours. Sore but not as bad as I expected (in case anyone had any concern for my well being, ha). The lathe is supposedly (?) coming in 3 weeks so the process will soon repeat itself, but in less time since a lot of what I did to prepare won't be needed again. Will post pictures later.

Looking good!! Wish the wife let me do that! When I suggested it she said NO! After I set it up in the garage she says " You could have put it in the basement!!" She drives me nuts at times!!!!

Adding picture of PM932 in the workshop. I still need to reinstall all the items I removed to prevent damage during the move and make it lighter... along with the usual prep work. But I'm happy to have my garage back... although that's only for now since the lathe is due soon which will start everything all over again.

Milling Machine in Workshop.jpg

I expected that reaction but the room needed painted anyway, the semi-gloss adds some protection, and now there is plenty of light. But I did go a tad overboard with the floor... from the densifier to the polyurethane... a total of 14 coats.

Took me 4 hours yesterday to cut and bundle all the wood from the mill and base crates so the garbage men would take it today. And I expect the crates will be even larger when the lathe shows up.

Can't wait to see the finish shop!! Just do I can say to the wife "SEE!! That's what I wanted to do!!!!

Took longer to get the lathe delivered than I expected... had to wait for it to be prepared for it's new home. Then I had to wait until a friend could find the time (works a lot of hours) to help move it into the workshop. And finally I had to learn about tooling for both machines and create a list so I would be prepared for the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales. I'm beat, but I already received most of my orders so I'm feeling better. That is until I realized I have no place to put them :eek:

So the next move is to get a roller cabinet. Don't want anything too big, but large enough and with the right size drawers to hold most of my tools. One with a flat top so I can lay a slab of wood... or comes with it already. Not like I don't have enough to do :wink:

Haven't forgotten pics but need to get stuff out of the way first.

Sounds like it is coming along.

Back