Epoxy floor for a new shop, good idea or bad?

Oh no. You really didn't say that did you John? Oh the humanity. LOL

As a side note, I have a very nice truck that I do haul stuff in. :cool: ;)

Edit: The function of the shop has a huge impact on what should/could be done with the floor. My brothers shop (which is huge) is utilized for working on his large farm equipment. Does it make sense to do an epoxy floor in that? Probably not. A sealed floor would be sufficient. That being said, I spent my career in aviation and I have never walked into a maintenance hangar where you couldn't practically eat off of the floor. Something about walking into a hangar with a bunch of shiny jets sitting on on equally shiny hangar floor that just made me smile...:)
Neatness and cleanliness and organization are signs of a good shop! Now mind you not proof! Lol For some reason I skipped those genes! During my productive years I worked in a two man shop. My helper was a neat freak, I was just me! Appearances! Salesmen or company representatives would come it the shop and go right to my helper and start talking. Lol. We were the “ odd couple” , for sure, but got along great working side by side for close to twenty years.

I have been trying to change my spots, but not much luck! My neighbor, a neat freak, is working on me.....with some success!

Bones

Back