Enco rf-30 vs mini mill

Enco is usually pretty good stuff. Taiwan made. My 12 x 36 lathe is an old Enco and I love it. As for my mill, it is a cheap Bolton zx45a that I got a smoking deal on due to it being junk ass Chinese. It weighs in at just over 1000lbs and will take a hellacious bite but it’s still junk

Yeh after looong online their are quite a bit of different models here’s the one I’m looking at you can’t see it in person it’s online only but I believe it to be an RF 30 from what I’ve looked at any feedback would be appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_7101.jpeg
    IMG_7101.jpeg
    598 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_7104.jpeg
    IMG_7104.jpeg
    680.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7103.jpeg
    IMG_7103.jpeg
    577.9 KB · Views: 10
Looks clean.

I had one and yes, it’s a significant upgrade from the mini mill IMHO.

I always wonder when I see the quill extended like this one is but that’s probably nothing.

Not sure where the bidding will go but it looks like about $1200 to my eye.

John

Yeh only thing I’d have to do it change the motor it’s 220v 3 phase I only have single phase where I’m at… also some people talked about converting it to r8 collet , as that’s what I have if look into what it takes to do that

Yeh only thing I’d have to do it change the motor it’s 220v 3 phase I only have single phase where I’m at… also some people talked about converting it to r8 collet , as that’s what I have if look into what it takes to do that
If it really has a 3 phase motor that would be a good thing, get a cheap VFD and you'll have variable speed. Are you sure it's not already an R8 spindle, most of them are. Not a deal breaker if it's MT 3 but there certainly are more accessories for R8. You can always just install a 3/4" collet and use TTS style tooling, that's what I'm doing and I do have R8.

John

Back