Enco 105-1100 for sale; thoughts?

I've given it some thought and if I was going for a round column mill, I would go for an RF-30/31 made in Taiwan. Should go for nearly the same price as a 25 because folks don't usually know the difference. The 30 is the largest, most rigid and has the larger table. The quill is also 3" OD, which increases rigidity substantially. Compared to a knee mill, it is still a light duty mill but is capable of doing some serious work.

Funny you mention that! This one just came up. I think it's the same seller as the $1800 Enco. Asking price is $1500. RF-30 made in 1985.
00g0g_3NLrBc3zrti_600x450.jpg

What's the latest on the one for $925 in your post number 26?

Looks like an RF-25 to my eye.

The column base is what I go by too and that is not a 30, but the data plate says it's a Ron Fu 30, weird.

What's the latest on the one for $925 in your post number 26?

Probably sold. I get no response when I try to contact them. Seller has deleted the ad as well. I emailed to ask what it sold for; no response.

Last edited:
UPDATE:
. She had help with the pricing. It's been sitting in a barn for 5 years. She was washing it off with water. .

Giant red flag; FAIL. No wonder that thing looks so miserable. Besides being basically a mini mill. I wouldn't touch that thing for free. Just my 2c.

The one in Fresno is available. I asked how flexible he was on the price. He said he sell it to me for $750.
The previous owner probably bought it new and used it for tinkering on airplane and helicopter parts. The shop it is currently at used it for the occasional project. He said it was mainly used as a drill press. He also said some people who used it were not totally proficient and drilled into the vise.
Thoughts?

Back