Emco Maier Compact 10 questions.

I looked at the Emco in person. Nice machine. Priced high. It has been on two trips to ebay and never got over the reserve. One time top bid was 425 if I remember.

I just bought a South bend 10k as lots more parts and people who can help me when I have questions. There is a nice 10k for sale in Mooresville NC right now for $800.

B3

Thanks Ben! It looks like it is in good shape but I would have to be able to find more parts at a decent price to consider it. If it had all the tooling, I would love to pick it up, but if it did, it probably wouldn't still be available huh? :shrugs: What are the details on the SB in Mooresville? Is it on Craigslist? Thanks again! :thumbzup3:

~BK

It has what it needs to mess around. 3 jaw .. lantern holder with an Armstrong tool holder. So you could start with nothing more than cokes on the lathe.. I brought my 2 for $200 each but have work to do before I can even turn them on. This one looks ready.

But it would be nice to get a 4 jaw and a steady rest.....

sent via phone

It has what it needs to mess around. 3 jaw .. lantern holder with an Armstrong tool holder. So you could start with nothing more than cokes on the lathe.. I brought my 2 for $200 each but have work to do before I can even turn them on. This one looks ready.

But it would be nice to get a 4 jaw and a steady rest.....

sent via phone

It is sold. I wish people would take their CL ads down when they sell the item. Oh well. The search continues. Looking at a Grizzly 4003 now but not sure if it's what I want.

~BK

Back