Eisen 1440EV - Yaskawa V1000 Wiring

jareese

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
**Edit - Ok, I found a quick start manual for the V1000 - starting there. Looks like I need to verify the VFD is for Single or Three phase first. I'll do that and post back later today.

So it looks like the lathe came wired for 3 phase, I'll be using Single Phase 220. The second line on the ad for the lathe states: Inverter driven lathe can be used on 3-phase or 1-phase electricity. As people have stated, their manual sucks to say the least, and does not reference how to change this to Single Phase.

Has someone done this already, or have experience in doing this conversion with this VFD? I could really use some pointers if you wouldn't mind.

I can get more pics if people need, just tell me what you want to see. This is from their website, but it's exactly like mine. There is a pigtail coming out of the cabinet with clips on them already for L1, L2, L3, and E - 3 black and 1 Green/Yellow.

Thanks in advance

1680181590856.png

Last edited:
Simply use L1 , L2 for power input.
L3 is only necessary if 3 phase input is necessary.
The vfd output will go directly to the motor without the need for contactors or the machines control system

Simply use L1 , L2 for power input.
L3 is only necessary if 3 phase input is necessary.
The vfd output will go directly to the motor without the need for contactors or the machines control system
Even if its a 3 phase VFD? (I need to verify input voltage when I get home)

Many VFDs have the ability to run from 3 phase power or 1 phase at reduced power level. So instead of 3 input power wires you only have two.
The VFD output must connect directly to the motor with no contactors or switches in between. Often the machine's existing controls can be used
to control the VFD by doing some rewiring. (and setting a few VFD parameters)

There is no issue with the VFD running on single phase or 3 phase, as it is oversized and derated to run on single phase. I would check with Eisen as to if you should connect power to L1 and L2, or L1 and L3, as there is typically subsystems (transformer/power supply) that run on single phase and need to be connected to the correct inputs when operating under single phase. There should also be directions in the manual.

There is no issue with the VFD running on single phase or 3 phase, as it is oversized and derated to run on single phase. I would check with Eisen as to if you should connect power to L1 and L2, or L1 and L3, as there is typically subsystems (transformer/power supply) that run on single phase and need to be connected to the correct inputs when operating under single phase. There should also be directions in the manual.
The manual is horrible. I already have an email into them, waiting for a response.... Thanks Mark, I was hoping you'd chime in on this.

Single phase power connection should be L1 and L2 which is what also connects to the transformer. Looks like they changed the VFD model and cabinet layout on yours which looks like the dedicated single phase model.
1440EV-1.jpg

Back