EBay Issues

Buffalo21

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Apparently something has changed, I’m no long allow to shop as a guest, I now must have an EBay account, to buy anything. I have an account, but for some reason, it will not accept the password. I then go through the process to reset the password, I’m allowed to shop, but the next time, I try to buy anything the whole process, has to be repeated. I spent close to 4-5 hrs, over a 3 day span, numerous phone calls, to no avail and the issue still remains. According to them, I just can not create an additional or new account, to shop, I need to use the original/broken one.

this apparently is my clue to avoid EBay at all cost

all this started with my desire to buy a milling machine drawbar wrench/hammer, I have 3 of them, but apparently, they are all buried under/behind about 3/4 of a ton of steel plate and rolled rings, that not inclined to move at this point. Over the next 2-3 weeks, they will be turned into 3 burner adapters, numerous brackets and supports and 2 stack dampers.

Last edited:
That’s bizarre.
I heard there were eBay changes afoot but I can’t imagine it would do that.
FWIW I logged in today no issues.

Were you able to reset your password?

That’s bizarre.
I heard there were eBay changes afoot but I can’t imagine it would do that.
FWIW I logged in today no issues.

Were you able to reset your password?
I’ve probably reset my password 50-60 times, the next time you go to buy anything, the BS starts all over again. If I need to spend 10-15 minutes each time to sign into EBay, I’ll shop elsewhere

Idk about that. Just bought something yesterday and last week no changes. Actually faster you don’t have to sign into PayPal as they recognize the user device/account.
Something or someone has to be doing something wrong. Just doesn’t sound right. Idk? Good luck though

You may try a different web browser, often with updates or security change certain scripts or cookies will be blocked, so your information is not retained and/or you are operating in a private/incognito mode. I have had no issues with eBay signing in, but these days there are far fewer bargains, with prices are often higher than list.

I've not had a problem, I just made a purchase yesterday. Logged in with no problems.

I shop on eBay very often. I have noticed no changes on the buying end, but I gather that if I wanted to sell then I would have to get set up for their new payment method.

Amazon is clearly a superior consumer experience, but eBay has hard to find stuff & used stuff. About 10% of my eBay purchases go very badly.

I gave up on eBay months ago, the shipping costs are outrageous (for a Canadian), when you do find something reasonably priced it has to come from China and I am not supporting them anymore then I need to. One thing to keep a close eye on is item locations in the listings. They will say a item is in north america, once you buy it and it receive it, usually its shipped from China.....

The biggest recent change to eBay is direct payments to sellers. Outside of that (which is not a problem for me at all) I have had zero issues with my account. In fact, I have to say, I have never had any problems with eBay's service and I've been a member for over 20 years now.

@Buffalo21 - I would bet $5 that your issue is your browser/cookies/security settings. Password resets and the need to continue to login usually points to those issues. If eBay could have fixed your issue so that you could give them your money - they would have fixed it for you after one or two tries, not 50 or 60. The issue must be on your end.

They sure made selling a real PITA.
I am no longer allowed to list Items and have been selling there for at least 10 years or better with a perfect 100% feedback!
I for one, am not about to give them my Social security info and access to my checking account!!

Back