DRO on an 8530

10 gauge sheet metal is pretty strong. I recently used a piece of that for the X DRO read head on my Rockwell. I didn't think I'd get the angles right. But with a couple test fits, the angle worked itself out. Plus it's pretty easy to cut up a piece of cardboard for a template. Just a thought. Good luck!

Attachments

• B1A94F4A-CB43-4028-AC9A-5A2E4DFEC2F6.jpeg
    B1A94F4A-CB43-4028-AC9A-5A2E4DFEC2F6.jpeg
    57.3 KB · Views: 19
Ok guys i am gonna start tackling this project i think this week. I opened up the scale box and i got 3 channel covers and a bunch of hardware as as these brackets.

image.jpg
I got 2 with the holes and 3 with slots. Im gonna mull on it a little bit tonight and start tomorrow. If anyone has gotten this brand before do you have any hints or ideas with which bracket would be for what? I got all 3 axis.

I would call or write the seller and ask for a decent set of English instructions..

Hehe good luck with good instructions. I got similar brackets with my DRO. I just figured out how I wanted to mount things and used th provided brackets where it helped, using my own pieces where they were better.

How did you guys do your X scale without blocking the oiler?

My oiler is in the back kind of like what yours looks like. Did you put a hose into the oiler so you could oil it.

yes, I took a piece of brass tubing , annealed it, bent it. soldered a larger piece so it fit in the zerk.
I now have a rubber tube from that to the end of the table so I don't have to deal with my vise which is usually over it. It also holds a lot of way oil in the tube, so its a good resovoir. My oilers have felt in them.. They did not come that way, but it was needed to keep them oiled, and so they just don't drain immediately.

I love how you did everything. Seems alot easier then how i was going to do it. I will prob copy alot of how you did yours.

Was that also just thin sheetmetal you used for everything? My issue i was having alot of trouble with was the Y scale on how to protect it from chips. But then with the oiler i wasnt sure how i was going to get that done without covering the oiler

Last edited:
Back