DRO on an 8530

Brento

Registered
Registered
Any advice on how to tackle putting a DRO on a 8530? To be honest i am dragging my feet with putting one on bc the set up to attach one. Ive seen some videos where people tear the mill apart and do it that way. I cant nor want to. What did you use for brackets to attach everything to? Id be willing to even buy brackets and such if someone made them up for me so it was more plug and play.

I have an 8530 also.....watching this with interest...

Most of the DRO kits come with adjustable brackets, but still, you'll likely have to drill & tap holes in your mill to mount them.

my DRO isnt a higher brand it was one from amazon for 250$ after i deals. It looks like a great one for the price and has the good dlc monitors. But it doesnt come with much to attach to. I know i need to drill and tap into the mill but the design of the bottom makes it not a flat surface to line everything up.

If you don't want to drill holes in your machine consider just using epoxy to mount brackets. It's plenty strong enough
-M

I see. You can easily make brackets, like the ones included in the kits, from aluminum angle.
FWIW Here is how I did the installation on my mill.

I dont mind drilling the holes. I will have to do it all by hand unfortunately just needed inspiration on the brackets and all.

Nah, nuthin' to it. You will need to spend some time holding the scales up to the mill and visualizing the fit before you fab anything
Once you have a good mental picture everything will start falling into place

Back