DRO on an 8530

I just ordered some 1/16 sheet metal to make the connections for the z like you did

no sheet metal, All Aluminum, mostly 6061.. One piece was something I could bend, for the Z. It's stiff enough to not be an issue. The hardest part was in back of the table above the knee. drilling and tapping, it's directly attached to the Y table

Yea the back is the hardest for me as well. I have to make a stand off on mine bc on the one end i have a 1/4 plate of steel and cap screws sticking out for the feed motor. The other end i have a pipe fitting that was set up for the table im guessing for coolant at some point. But thank you for the photos kindly. I sometimes am terrible with trying to figure out a way for hooking things up. Especially when im cold and trying to see how im gonna do it.

Yea the back is the hardest for me as well. I have to make a stand off on mine bc on the one end i have a 1/4 plate of steel and cap screws sticking out for the feed motor. The other end i have a pipe fitting that was set up for the table im guessing for coolant at some point. But thank you for the photos kindly. I sometimes am terrible with trying to figure out a way for hooking things up. Especially when im cold and trying to see how im gonna do it.

That's a mini blind keeping the swarf off the the joint.. I had to cut down the cover to keep it tight.
I attached the oiler to a tube, and another bent brass at both ends. I use a 22 shell to cover the oiler. (learned that here).
20220109_201828.jpg

Back