Drill Rod In Western Canada

There is a Fastenal here in town but same drill. Don't come in unless your a commercial. I used to be able to buy from them up until about three or four years ago, then something changed and they don't want to play anymore.

-frank

KBC is right in your back yard in BC. I order from them all the time (to Calgary). Flat rate $8.95 shipping to your door. (Might be a 25$ min, not sure there). Its typically via UPS & within days of order. A real bargain when you consider it would probably cost you 20$ to mail long-ish/heavy-ish to your next door neighbour using Canada Post. http://www.kbctools.ca/
As mentioned .75" dia oil hardening in sale now for 27.79 Canuck bucks. Its PN 1-950-048

Travers Canada is another option. I'd say 70% of stock items & brands is same as KBC, similar shipping. If they have to source from USA, that occurs behind the scenes, you don't pay extra duty but may arrive at different times & different boxes (same as KBC). Just check both sites on future orders.

If you have too much trouble finding it. McMaster does ship world wide.

KBC is right in your back yard in BC. I order from them all the time (to Calgary). Flat rate $8.95 shipping to your door. (Might be a 25$ min, not sure there). Its typically via UPS & within days of order. A real bargain when you consider it would probably cost you 20$ to mail long-ish/heavy-ish to your next door neighbour using Canada Post. http://www.kbctools.ca/
As mentioned .75" dia oil hardening in sale now for 27.79 Canuck bucks. Its PN 1-950-048

Travers Canada is another option. I'd say 70% of stock items & brands is same as KBC, similar shipping. If they have to source from USA, that occurs behind the scenes, you don't pay extra duty but may arrive at different times & different boxes (same as KBC). Just check both sites on future orders.

Perfect and thanks. I like their shipping rate and spending $25 is very easy. Some of the other places I get stuff from have a $100 minimum for free shipping or a reduced rate shipping. Having stuff shipped is kind of a necessity since we moved out of the city and into the boonies.

If you have too much trouble finding it. McMaster does ship world wide.
Actually that's partly true. They stopped shipping to Canada a long time ago, at least to common mortals. They claimed too much customs paperwork to warrant the headache. I spoke with one of their reps at the time & if I recall correctly, had more to do with US customs than Canada. I do know some folks here who continue to order from them but they 100% confirmed companies or larger institutions & they have a dedicated account. Trust me, we tried every angle including shipping to US broker destination. But even that got terminated because they trace our credit cards or Paypal back to Canadian banking institution. Too bad, they were great 1-stop shopping. All of the business they would have received from me got directed to USA vendors who could be bothered or of course offshore Ebay, AliExpress etc. There is one remaining option & that is the re-shipper services who reside in USA, order direct & then re-ship to out of country address. Its all legit & appropriate paperwork, but they charge a fee for this. If it something only MMC carries might be worth it. For a handful of metric fasteners, I just go elsewhere.

Did not know that. I was going by what it said on their site. I order from them all the time. But then I am in the US

I order my drill rod thru Quality cutting tools here in Saskatoon, Used to use Fastenall till they quit selling to the puplic. I have had 1 ( one ) experience with metal supermarket ( Edmonton AB. ) I was quoted Before tax and shipping to me $199.97 for a two foot length of 1 1/4"416 stainless steel!!! needless to say I will stay with vendors that I know !

I hear ya BL. Just to make you feel real good, that same 199$C 2-foot section costs 40$U at Onlinemetals.
http://www.onlinemetals.com/merchant.cfm?pid=2060&step=4&showunits=inches&id=9&top_cat=1
I have no use for MetalSupermarket, at least the local one specific to my needs. Its a great business idea but stupid prices & limited selection. I guess if you are ordering a pickup truck of flat iron where shipping would kill you, they serve that need. I require short sections of varied materials. OLM is great example of a 'good' USA distributer that figured out what customers want & accommodate niche needs (meaning typical hobbyists). They substantially reduce the UPS broker/dinger fee so its mostly transportation costs, which of course you always have to pay. My order shows up on my door within a week, faster than I can drive to the local middle man outfits, only to discover they don't have stock. Or they can 'order me in' a 10-footer with a surcharge.

Yeah Metal Supermarket is ridiculously expensive. For everything but the smallest bits of metal, I can buy either a full or 1/2 length (20-22 ft, or 10-11 ft) of rod/tubing/angle iron/flat iron/sheets From General Scrap Iron (they buy scrap metal, and sell new stuff) for significantly less than the exact length I need from MS. And then I have extra for when I botch the first try...

Back