Dorian "First Time Buyer" QCTP and Holder set - beware!

Pirelli Tire is now Chinese - manufactured the world over at 20 sites including Russia and Mexico. Nothing is firm anymore is it??

Back to Dorian, the strong sense I got was they could not care less about customer relations. Maybe the Chinese will buy them too and move production to China, Mexico, and Russia. If they keep throwing their brand under the bus, the "Goodwill" will have zero value when the time comes.

I would never buy anything from Dorian myself. YEARS ago I read a similar thread about how Dorian treats their customers.

I don't have a lot of regard for Jet customer service,either. Mt last encounter was when I bought a NEW Jet slow speed,wet wheel grinder,which promptly broke down. When I called Jet,I got a long winded lecture about how proud they are of their products.

Dealers I called mentioned that those grinders often don't work right out of the boxes. I found out myself what is wrong with them while trying to change the printed circuit board: There are connectors on the printed circuit board(PC from now on!) Those connectors are literally thinner than a beer can. They CRACK when the assemblers push them down over the little posts. I soldered my cracked connector,and never did use the new PC board. If everyone knew about this manufacturing defect,Jet might be making a reliable product. But I am not the one who is going to TRY explaining the problem to those arrogant and stupid people at Jet.

Many years ago I had a bad CS incident with Jet. They didn't take credit cards at that time(late 80's). They also waited for my $20.00 check to clear before they would sent the $2.00 part. I was 19 days without an operating lathe.

This is my replacement. I didn't notice this when I put it on. What would you do?thumbnail_IMG_20170613_093601396.jpg

It's likely cosmetic and doesn't have an effect on its function. Looks like they had a bad case of rust worms on their stock?? Are the other faces Okay?

Perhaps a discount is in order? I'd suggest calling MSC and discussing it with them. They've already replaced it once haven't they?

For the kind of money Dorian stuff costs, there is no excuse for what we see in the photos. It does not affect function, but still, no excuse for poorly finished products from high end companies. Send it back.

I talked to both MSC and Dorian. Dorian in out of stock and MSC said they don't want to send me any from their stock. Which is fine with me. End of June I'll get one direct from Dorian. It is very odd I've had two bad ones. They said no one has returned any for poor finish.

Glad Dorian is helping you. Sounds like MSC was not too helpful.

Back