Dorian cut off blade holder

I had the C in my hand, and it is a fixed clamp. I could not figure out how it would clamp the smaller blade.
Will I want to use the horizontal mounting for a P2 blade

I see. The Dorian holders are made for use with indexable parting blades. You're better off making one or looking for a different holder. Those Dorian holders are expensive.

What size is your blade? You could make or buy one of these.

20200211_220323.jpg

My P2 is a 1/2" .080 blade. My actual measurement is .0787....

Last edited:
Edit: Actually I'm not sure if these accept P/T type blades if that's what you have. Might have to mill a groove. I would just make one but they are cheap enough to try & modify.

Same price on ebay but comes from India.

I'll give the last one a try, and see how it goes. Thank you

Not sure what's left in the basement , but I have a few AXAs . :dunno: After working 32 hours on dayshift already , I'll be back on my regular shift starting in an hour . If I'm able in the am , Ill see what's lurking down in the toolbox .

Thanks Dave, take care of yourself first. You have a couple of queries for your stuff in the for sale section.

If you are looking for a holder to take a 1/2" blade, Shar's has an AXA holder (202-9426). https://www.shars.com/universal-parting-blade-tool-holder-7-type-107-axa

They also have 1/2" blades.

I have the Dorian BXA blade holder with GTN-2 inserts and it is pretty dismal, it flexes and the insert does not cut cleanly. The bigger heavier blades might work better on a larger lathe, I am using a clamping insert style cutoff which works much better. I have been disappointed with the Dorian's holders, kind of a hodge podge of different sizes depending on what they have in stock. QC also seems to be an issue.

Thanks mksj, I have been trying to get a horizontal holder, that one has an incline built in.

Back