Dorian cut off blade holder

Aukai

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Dorian D25AXA-771 which is no longer available. Hoping someone has one.

1581483509106.png

KBC Tools shows three in stock. Huron Industrial has them, too. Huron is good to deal with; they will ship to Hawaii via flat rate.
Ajax has them, too, and at the lowest price but you gotta' check shipping.

Thank you I went through the list online, they all have the D25AXA 7-71C, different size blade

1581485150000.png

Oh. Okay, gotta keep looking.

Or find a model to make :)

The links to Ajax and KBC show they fit 1/2 and 11/16" blades. Is this not the right one?

Thank you I went through the list online, they all have the D25AXA 7-71C, different size blade

View attachment 313402

I have this Dorian holder but in BXA size with a Dorian Slot-Grip blade. It uses common Iscar GTN/GTL/GTR inserts. It works ok but I'm not a fan of it (the insert style), I barely use mine.

I had the C in my hand, and it is a fixed clamp. I could not figure out how it would clamp the smaller blade.
Will I want to use the horizontal mounting for a P2 blade

Will I want to use the horizontal mounting for a P2 blade

I would.

I wonder if you might email Dorian and ask them which holder to use for a 1/2" tall P-type blade in the horizontal position. OR let's you, me and Dave discuss making one. If it was me, I would just make it.

It may come to that, I'll check and see after Pre hospital trauma life support class tomorrow, retired but still keeping my licence.

Back