Don't Want To Start A Fight But

Be careful you don't buy a METRIC ONLY lathe. That 1000mm bed length makes me wonder if the lathe is metric only. Why didn't they list the bed length in INCHES?
That was the work table length for a mill, not a lathe, and not something original poster was looking at.

Steve Shannon, P.E.

Thanks for all the replys. Just thought I would check to see if anything new and great. What state and city is the southbend on craigslist?

Missoula, Montana Craigslist, near Idaho, which is where I think you are. The lathe is actually in Phillipsburg, MT. I think the price is about twice what it should be but it does come with a lot of accessories and as you say we're in a machine wasteland.

http://spokane.craigslist.org/tls/5460102419.html

Steve Shannon

I would sure love to have that thing. It does look new but it's a long way from NC. Hmm. So what you think shipping would cost me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would sure love to have that thing. It does look new but it's a long way from NC. Hmm. So what you think shipping would cost me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I would too. I'm still tempted to make an offer on it.
I'm sorry, but I have no idea on shipping.
Keep in mind that the 10k has a small bore compared to some lathes.

Steve Shannon, P.E.

Something 'new and great' describes a Haas quite well.

You may want to check for machines around Salt lake City and Ogden Utah. Lot of Industrial work in that area and if you are driving from Georgia it may be on your way.
Have a good day!
Ray

Missoula, Montana Craigslist, near Idaho, which is where I think you are. The lathe is actually in Phillipsburg, MT. I think the price is about twice what it should be but it does come with a lot of accessories and as you say we're in a machine wasteland.

http://spokane.craigslist.org/tls/5460102419.html

Steve Shannon
That's a beautiful lathe but the price is ridiculous. I think $2.5-3k would be more realistic.

Back