[Lathe] Does Anyone Know What This Is/worth?

Really? Wow. I've made somewhere around $10,000 over the last decade and a half on eBay. It has its faults and limitations but it's a great resource for connecting people who have and need rare parts. Last month I sold a 5,000 PSI hydraulic pressure relief valve that was made in 1973 by a company that was bought out by Snap-On in the 1990s and for which there has not been any product support in well over a decade. I found it cleaning out my dad's storage shed. He said to see if I could get anything for it and a few other unique items. I got $100 for it. It took about 6 or 8 weeks of it waiting for the right buyer to find it but it was well worth the 10 minutes to list it and the space it took in a bin of things to sell that I keep under my desk.

The same night I listed it I also listed a commercial packaging type adhesive spray head made by Nordson. They haven't carried or supported the part in so long they couldn't even find documentation for me to tell me what machine it went to so I could list it with more information. But they gave me enough info to list it with the correct terms for its functionality. It sold in less than one hour, also for $100. I guessed on a starting price. I wish I had guessed higher.

There's a lot I hate about eBay, but on balance I absolutely love it.

If you can get it for $100. you cant go wrong, and if you decide you don't want it I drive down to Georgia and take it off your hands.

Called to buy and was sold. I am happy for the seller and buyer. It went to a another member of my woodworking club. There will be more lathes and there is always my PM purchase to fall back on. Thanks for your super friendly and supportive advice. This is a special place.

You are right about eBay, it is just not for me...my financial loss, but I am willing to accept it. I know that I am in the minority.

too bad about the lathe, I will be getting my PM 1228 in a month or so so look for the thread when I post it, I will give my honest opinion on the machine, also I will be posting or up loading my material from my Navy machinist training, that may take a while, but there is a lot of useful information for someone with little experience in machining

sometimes when you see a "deal" and don't know if it's a diamond or a lump of coal, buy it. You can always sort it out later.

I have done that more times than I would like to admit; but always had fun doing it.
If I was better and faster typist, I would share my Polar Bear Express train set buying story.:)

I seen one sell not too long ago in not so pristine condition for 600$ or so if I recall. No stand or belt. Of course here in NC everything is ran till its worn out then ran some more. When it finally gets put up for sale they want the cost of a new machine for it.

Back