DIY reverse trike scooter

I have the steering figured out, and with just minimal trimming all the plastics fit!

image.jpg

i may have missed it but. . . . does the back half lean side to side or is it fixed ? ? i had a dream about it. . .

i would really like to build one.

we have a couple 750 honda's and a 500 suzuki motorcycles hanging around in the barn. . .

i may have missed it but. . . . does the back half lean side to side or is it fixed ? ? i had a dream about it. . .

i would really like to build one.

we have a couple 750 honda's and a 500 suzuki motorcycles hanging around in the barn. . .

It does lean side to side, but because of the front shocks. I was surprised how well it does lean. I have it tore appart ready for painting, but as soon as I get it back together I will take some good picture of the of the fabricated parts and in motion videos.

I want to build one of these. Is there any way you could post instructions or maybe give a boot in the right direction so I could find directions to kit-bash something like this together?

Karl

That's pretty slick! Sometime in the future i'm going to build a trike out of an old goldwing. Still collecting parts as of now.

Well, I have finally completed my project. I am working on posting photos now.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
I want to build one of these. Is there any way you could post instructions or maybe give a boot in the right direction so I could find directions to kit-bash something like this together?

Karl
Karl:
the first thing I did when deciding to build this was to find a donor front end off of a 4 wheeler. I chose a wide one because my trike does not lean, so I had to go wider for stability. After that I toor down the scooter, matched up the front to the back, designed brackets, fabricated them, welded them on and this is what the outcome was.

Well now that have have the trike done i decided I wanted to add an oil cooler. I looked around for one online forms scooter and found some that were kind of pricy. I decided to make my own. After capturing all the dimension on my scooter block, I went to work and here is what I come up with. I will take more pics installed.

image.jpg image.jpg

Back