DIY reverse trike scooter

Faanofo1

Registered
Registered
I am currently working on converting my scooter into a reverse trike. I have a 150cc bored out to a 180cc. I really like the can am look, and wanted to buy one. Well someone gave me a 125cc 4 wheeler that did not run, I looked at the frame and thought I could marry the front to my scooter fairly easily. I have been working on it for about a week and have made good progress. I have one bracket made and welded on and the other 2 made and will weld them on tomorrow. So far so good. I have added some photos of the first bracket welded on.

image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
Getting closer. I have fabricated the final two brackets and have them welded on. I will hopefully complete the steering today.
image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg

Definitely gonna be the coolest thing in the trailer hood :rofl: I've been thinking of doing a reverse trike for some time but I disposed of most of my parts when I moved out of my big shop

that deff gives a new meaning of Ron White's "Let me rephrase that, I am gonna get me a scooter!"

Well I finished the steering today but was unhappy with it. It had entirely to much play. I put a universal joint in that was not the best choice, so I am going to redo it. I think I will look up a steering universal joint for a car and see how that works.

I did notice something after getting the front end on. I am pretty sure I will be able to put all the original panels on, I will be pretty happy if I can.

Back