Dividing head question

Now that you mention it, I do remember your postings about the Horrible Head Saga. I am by no means fully committed to buying one yet.
Eyes wide open and checkbook closed, for now. Those folks are very crafty about making something look like a quality piece when it really isn't. Actually, I don't think those factories even have such a thing as quality management. They assemble it and ship it. Period. If they can't get it assembled they ship it anyway. Non-shipment is not allowed in that universe, comrade
-M
Oh by the way, what is the thread on your spindle? 1-1/2" x 8 tpi?
Don't remember the thread. I'll have to measure it. But that sounds about right.
Went to the shop. 1-1/2" x 8 tpi is correct.

Last edited:
More often than not, one gets lucky. Most of my eBay buys have been good. But my eBay BS-0 was NFG. I think if it hadn't been dropped, I would have been perfectly happy enough. That being said, the eBay BS-0 I received (ignoring the drop) was a lot rougher than the PM one in fit and finish. Good luck with whatever you do!
I agree buying import stuff on ebay can be a crap shoot, I got a bad d1-4 5c collet chuck. I bought a 10" Phase II rotary table because I thought that would be of better quality, It was gritty so I still had to disassemble clean and reassemble. But this is the cost of saving money ;-)

I look at the import stuff as 90% complete kits. They have to be debured cleaned etc...

With all this said, I could never have the tool collection I have if I was buying all name brand stuff so I am thankfull to have the import availability

Back