Diamond in the rough?

I have a pan from a wire dog kennel under my lathe, works just like the baking sheets....

John

Thanks @matthewsx, does it extend under the legs or up to the legs?

Hey, when you turn, chips will go EVERYWHERE! I still stand by my previous suggestion to make a FULL TABLE chip pan. Once this is made, you can also put a smaller pan between the legs to make cleanup easier.

A source for a larger pan, an auto oil drip pan, from an auto parts store, IIRC, they are about 24"x 36", with about a 3/8" lip. Around $10 to $15. They are the right size for an Atlas/Craftsman 618 to fit inside. Then I use a cookie pan under the bed to catch most of the chips, and is easy to empty. My big lathe has a brownie pan that catches most of the chips.

A source for a larger pan, an auto oil drip pan, from an auto parts store, IIRC, they are about 24"x 36", with about a 3/8" lip. Around $10 to $15. They are the right size for an Atlas/Craftsman 618 to fit inside. Then I use a cookie pan under the bed to catch most of the chips, and is easy to empty. My big lathe has a brownie pan that catches most of the chips.

I’m going to assume it’s retired from brownie duty ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:cool: Don't tell my wife.

Yard sales are big around here, Every time I see square pans for cheap, I scarf them up. The meat loaf/ bread pans, are great for storage, the brownie ones are great for sorting & project storage.

Ordered a QCTP today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back