DAKE V16 Bandsaw Help

I just did some more online searching and did find a Dake page with some manuals:
http://www.dakecorp.com/manuals/vertical-bandsaws

Unfortunately not the V16, but a number of others that are likely similar.
The V24 manual has a section on blade tracking and blade guide adjustment.

Good luck, and please let us know how it goes.

-brino

every metal cutting vertical bandsaw I have seen has rubber tires. The only ones I have seen that are metal wheels are horizontal saws. I never realized that before but I would guess it may have something to do with the need to twist the blade on a horizontal. If it needs new tires its not a hard job. The trick is to put the new tires in hot water for a bit to soften them up.

Here are my observations which are limited to the several saws I have owned. I think the use of rubber tires on metal band saws must vary by model type and manufacturer. My jet horizontal had no tires, just metal wheels. My newer Ellis 1600 horizontal has rubber tires. As mentioned above, my DoAll vertical has rubber tires. My jet vertical wood cutting saw had the rubber tires. The teeth on both my horizontals run outside of the wheel. Since the vertical saws are usually designed to run different width blades, the teeth run on the rubber wheel.

I hope this response didn't take the thread off course.

Well it came home with me. It's a beast. The guy had a neighbor with a skid steer so loading was no issue. I have a small Bobcat at home I used to unload and it just barely had enough lift height to get it off the trailer. It's no cream puff, but the price was very fair and I have plenty of room on it if it needs a few things. The bad is that it did spend some time outdoors, so the table and exposed parts are a bit rusty. It all looks pretty light though, no visible pitting, so I think it will clean up fine with some elbow grease. I plan on tearing it all down, cleaning it up and going through everything before I even try and run it. Everything inside the compartments looks quite nice and clean and everything turned free without slop. It has a tiny little pneumatic compressor motor that runs off the pulley of the main motor. Looks like it's part of the mist system that's on it. Kind of interesting. Thanks to everyone that replied. BTW it does appear to have tires on the wheels and they look to be decent shape.

IMG_1233.JPG

Nice saw! Your gonna like that one!

Back