Craigslist find, Enco Mill

Gfrost

Registered
Registered
Can anyone help me out with this one.
Craigslist find, Enco Mill, not much information.
Good Bad, parts available? etc.?

1691436370106.png

1691436412363.png

Not an expert but I suspect any wear part is available for Bridgeport clones.
You know ENCO was absorbed by MSC, right?
If it's a Taiwan built machine, that's better than ChiCom.

I see the power switch indicates a two speed motor. I'm not familiar with that option on Bridgeports or clones. Interesting.

That looks very similar to mine...

I don't know about parts availability... I haven't needed to buy any mechanical parts.

The only issue I've had is with the drum switch. The contacts inside the switch are too small for the amount of current they are required to carry... they get burned and quit making good contact fairly easily.

-Bear

I agree with the above. Unless you can see it running and confirm everything is functioning, it better be a very good price - which is vague and quite geographically dependent. In my area, there are a couple of very clean-looking clones. One was $1,600 and the other $1,700. What is the asking price?

He is asking $2k, but sounds like he may be open to offers.
I've got another email into him with questions, one being if I can see it running?

I have owned , sold and operated Encos . Nice machines . Yes , 2 speed motor with the step pulley head is nice . I did sell all of mine in the 2300-$2500 range with vise , DRO and power feeds . I also run one at work .

Quite a few clones of that one going by various names. The tell is the 2 X axis table clamps. Pretty good mill. Will do decent work. Almost bought one for my son, then a BP came up. With a DRO, unit in decent shape, $2K would be a good price IMHO.

Back