Coyote gun rack ideas?

if you install the rfid unit fully enclosed and the battery goes dead, does it fail opened so you can replace the battery, or does it stay locked?

The lock takes 3 AA batteries. I have a different box that I’ve had in use for two years and have not had to replace the batteries. I go in the box weekly. You can plug in a power source but I didn’t want that. The manual states that the lock will NOT lock if the battery is low. I have two seperate locks on this box to hold both corners and was able to program both units on one rfid card. Other than destroying the box or ripping the screws out of the mechanism to get inside their pretty stout.
Was thinking you could make a clam style clamp/ wall hanger. Within the clamp have the bits from the rf module. Wall side have the module with the battery screwed to wall concealed within the “hanger” Hinged finger locks gun around ejection port area over trigger area and back to the module. Would be pretty trick allowing gun to be ready minus one in the chamber.

I had a similar problem. Have guns locked in safe so lots of fumbling if needed in a hurry. Acouple weeks before Christmas the wife had asked if we could get a bench for the end of the bed. I thought sure what do you want it for. She said she’d like somewhere to sit in the morning and get dressed, and maybe put some laundry baskets under it to get them out of the way. Well being a cabinet guy I figured it needed alittle more. I made the bench so it has a hinged top with a rfid lock to secure a tool until needed. I’ve used these rfid locks and they seem to work great.

I have a 11yr old so keeping tools under lock and key is necessary and with the rfid lock even if you found the card you have to know where to put it to unlock the lock.

I realize this isn’t what you want in your garage but someone said hidden in plain sight. View attachment 473042View attachment 473043View attachment 473044

I’m looking real hard, and I can not tell where or how it locks. Nice camouflage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m sort of veering off course here, but I’ve read a lot of good things about this coyote deterrent.IMG_2479.jpeg

I’m sort of veering off course here, but I’ve read a lot of good things about this coyote deterrent.
They work very well. Ive had rancher friends use them to watch over sheep for years.

I hide my cookies from the wife by laying the box on a shelf with my other "stuff". It just blends right in.

They work very well. Ive had rancher friends use them to watch over sheep for years.
Same here. They put them out there as puppies it looks like, and the dogs just decide they must be defense sheep. Lol

I shot a coyote last week less than 100 yards from the house. Wife let the dogs out around midnight and went back to sleep. Around 3:30 they woke me up making all kinds of noise. Of course I yelled some pleasantries at them to get back in the house. Wife tried to get them back in the house. Then I get angry some more and yell at them again when I heard them fighting with something. I grabbed my AR with the thermal and saw the coyote barking back at my dogs. He wasn't afraid or being ran off and seemed like he was antagonizing them. Also, me yelling at the dogs didn't spook him either. He caught a 45gr V-Max out of a .223 mid howl. He was the biggest coyote I ever shot and I use to not worry about the dogs messing with one but he changed my mind on that. Even though I think my dogs would come out on top, I don't think they would come out without some wounds.

I'd post the video and picture but this isn't the type of forum for those things. When I watched the video I noticed there was another coyote around 150 yards away too.

Around here, dogs don't seem as much of a deterrent as they use to. We also have 2 old (10+ years) Pyrenees dogs but they spend more time in the trees chilling than chasing coyotes these days.

In regards to bullets for a .223/5.56, use a varmint bullet not a FMJ. I've never had exit wound on a coyote with a 45gr or 55gr V-Max. Plus if you happen to miss, they will break apart upon impact with the ground and make the chances of a ricochet almost none.

Well, we have horses. And the cats were addition to keep barn mice away. Not really, wife and I both like cats, but we have as many as we do because cats, at a barn, are hard to keep up with in terms of getting every kitten of every litter fixed. I've thought of getting a dog on occasions. My folks kept a couple of Turkish Annatolians, another breed raised to guard sheep. And any dog of some size would be some deterrent. But right now, with my wife out of commission with a break in both bones of her lower leg, another animal to tend and care for is not feasible. I won't add an animal to our farm without the resources, including personal time and energy to take care of it, train, etc.

Back