Coyote gun rack ideas?

Something like the electrical cabinet that was suggested or maybe a book shelf that has a drop down bottom. The plain sight ideas are mostly likely your best option.

As a side note, your backdrop is very important as you know. AR rounds are generally solid metal jackets and have a potential to skip with the right angle. You know what you have to work with better than any of us. Plan accordingly.

If you can wait till winter coats are prime you can have a reminder or 5 tanned.

Yeah, backdrop is critical. Plenty of contour to the terrain here so there are angles that are safe. No shooting silhouettes on the hilltop! Which is actually what I've seen from my back bay window of the house freqently. I've scoped that out pretty carefully with mental notes since they are likely to be around at dusk or immediately after.
If you can wait till winter coats are prime you can have a reminder or 5 tanned.
You have to be careful, Indiana allows unlicensed shooting of coyotes on your own property as "pests", otherwise a license is required. Any pelt is generally seen as evidence that you were hunting, not eliminating pests.

Different laws for different parts of the world. Don't know the cost of a license, doesn't sound like if it would be worth it for you. As mentioned, you know your area better than any of us.

Good luck.

In Canada a gun lock is all that's required for storage. Ammunition must be located elsewhere. Gun safes are optional

They make gun safe like units that fit behind the seat in a pickup . MY uncle gave me one years ago , It's in my son's truck these days .
animal

How about upright against wall, channel with one inch thru hole like the top of a bush hog three point hitch yoke. Run a top link pin through trigger guard, padlock in lunch pin hole. Dip pin in pliers insulation paint to prevent scratching if an issue.

With the easy availability of cordless angle grinders securing things these days is mostly a delaying tactic for all but the most easily detoured of criminals. I'm still pro locks, as it shows you made the effort, and prevents "it was just laying there" as an excuse for theft.

Anyway my thought is, it is a shop, I'd make the enclosure solid and secure but also super boring looking. Make it the last box a thief in your shop is going to look at when going for a quick score. Maybe include some non descript and unappealing brown stained hand prints and hand write septic tools with paint marker.

I had a similar problem. Have guns locked in safe so lots of fumbling if needed in a hurry. Acouple weeks before Christmas the wife had asked if we could get a bench for the end of the bed. I thought sure what do you want it for. She said she’d like somewhere to sit in the morning and get dressed, and maybe put some laundry baskets under it to get them out of the way. Well being a cabinet guy I figured it needed alittle more. I made the bench so it has a hinged top with a rfid lock to secure a tool until needed. I’ve used these rfid locks and they seem to work great.

I have a 11yr old so keeping tools under lock and key is necessary and with the rfid lock even if you found the card you have to know where to put it to unlock the lock.

I realize this isn’t what you want in your garage but someone said hidden in plain sight. IMG_4374.jpegIMG_4372.jpegIMG_4373.jpeg

Back