Coyote gun rack ideas?

We have cats too. Not my choice as to how many we have but they seem to have ways of disappearing. Country cats don't seem to die of old age. I forgot to say the dogs that were messing with the coyote are Blue Lacy and about the same height as a coyote but have more weight.

I keep a .30 carbine at hand for such varmints, once they were after our aged black lab mix, I went in the house, grabbed the carbine went out to shoot and chambered a round, I guess they heard that sound before and ran off at warp speed, I got off one shot (missed) --- I keep it in a convenient spot not locked up, but do not leave a clip in it. We hear coyotes quite often at night with their serenades, behind my property is wilderness, but still within the city limits, so shooting is a no no. It was easy to get away on a very limited basis when my neighbor on the hill behind me (out of the city limit ) used to shoot all the time, so the cops did not even bother to look into reports of gunshots, but unfortunately he got burnt out in the fires a few years ago, and moved to Sout Dakota on a couple of thousand acres. So many houses in our area burnt that replacement housing was not available, some folks still living in trailers. Half the acreage in our county were burnt up in the space of a few years.

Back