Countersink Tool for Stainless Steel??

Been there, done the same thing. Like mentioned above, slow and rigid as possible on a drill press. Its definitely a challenge, thats for sure. I counter sunk the hole on the piece below using an Enco single flute 60° countersink in a drill press with the piece held in a small vise...it chattered right off the bat. Since then, I got a mill and no more chattering!

IMAG1194.jpg

Couple pics of the finish project which included alittle buffing and some added knowledge so thanks to all.Still alittle chatter but better,slowing down rpms and kinda a bump/run method.This is just one,but I have three to make which I will wait till my single flute cutter comes in from McMaster.After the buffing still have some small scratches but its kinda hidden once the table is put on.Guys thanks for sharing----kroll

DSC02060.JPG DSC02061.JPG

On SS I use one of these. 0 Flute 82 degrees. Slow speed gets no chatter. At least I haven't seen any yet.

"Billy G"

102_0141 (650 x 488).jpg

Bill thanks for replying,could you tell me alittle more bout these cutters that you use?What are they called and where can a person purchase these from?(any links??)---kroll

On SS I use one of these. 0 Flute 82 degrees. Slow speed gets no chatter. At least I haven't seen any yet.

"Billy G"

They're called single hole or zero flute countersinks, they are supposed to be the best. I don't where to get good ones but I can tell you don't bother with the ones at Harbor Freight. I bought a set and they wouldn't even work on wood.

Back