Compressor drain diffuser

That's really cool, but looks like a pretty involved project. I wonder how a 3D printed Tesla valve would hold up?

GsT
Looks easier if you make it in two halves and bolt together. Two blocks with identical half groves making the shape. Or doing it just in one block and covering with a flat top.

Or a cool tube bending, notching, and soldering project…

Even easier with a piece of wood, a router, and plexiglass (if you want to see it in action…

I turn my compressor off when not in use. If you open the valve, let it drain a bit, then turn the compressor on, it mostly dribbles. Not sure you have to drain daily.

I turn my compressor off when not in use. If you open the valve, let it drain a bit, then turn the compressor on, it mostly dribbles. Not sure you have to drain daily.
Yeah, draining it right after starting and before pressure builds would work.

Just open the drain valve slightly at first until the liquids are out. Once it's done and only air is coming through, open'er up all the way.
You can run a hose, attached to the drain, up and out of your basement, the air will purge all liquids. You can perhaps make the installation permanent.
There are also automatic drain valves available.

The problem with a diffuser is that the same amount of disgusting stuff will come out, but the diffuser will turn it into a mist so that instead of wearing it you will get to inhale it.

There's always pressure in there. Drill a hole in a block and stick the hose in it... Missle
I think what RBW might be saying; drill through the block foundation wall and run a hose into the ground. IMHO, This could work depending on depth and type of soil. With sandy, fast absorbing soil it should be okay, with high clay, slow absorbing soil it might not work. Of course it would also create a mini superfund site...

I think what RBW might be saying; drill through the block foundation wall and run a hose into the ground. IMHO, This could work depending on depth and type of soil. With sandy, fast absorbing soil it should be okay, with high clay, slow absorbing soil it might not work. Of course it would also create a mini superfund site...
ohhhhhh. I thought he was being funny, having me build... oh never mind.
I have hard clay here. not going to work well, and beside, I have more than enough problems with water pushing up against the wall and blowing out a crack. The water doesn't drain well and the hydraulic pressure builds up. I keep having to epoxy the wall every couple of years in different spots.

Back