Compressor drain diffuser

woodchucker

Registered
Registered
I made a diffuser to prevent me from getting sprayed with the drained water and crud from the tank. There appears to be some oil in the mix .. and it's really disgusting. I have seen some of the solutions you guys had, tube into a bucket, just letting it shoot out...

I'm still not happy, as I take a bath in the crap because I don't empty the water from the glass jar often.

I am thinking of maybe making something like the silencer for the guns to diffuse the pressure.
Or nesting some pvc pipes open ended, so that the pressure goes out but not the fluid, which when done letting the pressure out will slowly drain the water to a waiting glass.

Anyone done any of the things I am thinking about or have a great way of doing something like this?
PXL_20240301_212819908.jpgPXL_20240301_212825775.jpgPXL_20240301_212832224.jpg

I made a diffuser to prevent me from getting sprayed with the drained water and crud from the tank. There appears to be some oil in the mix .. and it's really disgusting. I have seen some of the solutions you guys had, tube into a bucket, just letting it shoot out...

I'm still not happy, as I take a bath in the crap because I don't empty the water from the glass jar often.

I am thinking of maybe making something like the silencer for the guns to diffuse the pressure.
Or nesting some pvc pipes open ended, so that the pressure goes out but not the fluid, which when done letting the pressure out will slowly drain the water to a waiting glass.

Anyone done any of the things I am thinking about or have a great way of doing something like this?
View attachment 480834View attachment 480835View attachment 480836
Maybe letting it drain slower?

Im having a hard time figuring out what it is you're having an issue with honestly.

Automatic drain blowing off or is this being drained manually?

Basement.. I wish I could. If you're ever around here stop on by, I'll :p treat you to a shower

Basement.. I wish I could. If you're ever around here stop on by, I'll :p treat you to a shower

A silencer (er, suppressor) of the bang-bang type or even the automotive muffler type works well for muffling discharged air.

But... my neighbor's an encroaching azzhole who blocks my shop driveway with his trashy meth-project salvage title vehicles, so I'm more inclined to run inexpensive 1/4" pushlock line as far as it needs to go to discharge outside and pointed at his house, run on an automatic purge valve.

And hidden inside one of those garden gnomes. You know, to really make it creepy.
A silencer (er, suppressor) of the bang-bang type or even the automotive muffler type works well for muffling discharged air.

But... my neighbor's an encroaching azzhole who blocks my shop driveway with his trashy meth-project salvage title vehicles, so I'm more inclined to run inexpensive 1/4" pushlock line as far as it needs to go to discharge outside and pointed at his house, run on an automatic purge valve.
Something like this with the hose coming out of its mouth

DA6D6623-B60C-471F-8A3D-92A44AA76CF1.jpeg

or this one…

IMG_4751.jpeg

Last edited:
Back