Cnc plasma

you have Ac servo drive
AC servos were for the huge plasma. The owner (and I) didn't want steppers on a 12' x 6' industrial machine. It's a big machine and he wanted it FAST.

The other enclosure is for the stepper-driven smaller table I mentioned earlier in the thread. Works great - aside from one loose drive pulley (set screw), there have been zero issues since it was commissioned. Not one!

That diagram is an excellent starting point. I would change/add quite a lot, but the basic connections are there.

I don't do ladder diagrams - I'm just self-taught - but a diagram for that big plasma looks like this:

Titus Plasma Diagram Rev12.png

Last edited:
You are a start thanks again for your time have good point to search now and go ahead.

Hi Ralphi found in europe something about integrate servo motor with low inductance, witch i understand is better
and other https://www.rocketronics.de/shop/en/hybridservodriver-es-d808.html
i can found 8 nm nema 34 closed loop, least can provide data sheet and support
trying to go away from eBay as said. thanks

I tend to shy away from integrated drive/motor combinations. If one of the two components (usually the drive) has issues you have to scrap both items. Motors rarely die.

I think you'd be happier with some Nema 23 or 34 closed loop steppers like you posted earlier. When I suggested "stay away from ebay" I was referring to the no-name vendors. StepperOnline is not a 'no-name' vendor.

The steppers will have much more torque at low RPM than similar-sized 48v servos. This means you don't need a complicated and expensive drive reduction system. A simple 3:1 belt reduction will be sufficient for speed and acceleration using steppers. A small servo will likely need a 5:1 or greater reduction to get the same torque.

I think this would be perfect for a small table. It's essentially what's on the first one I built:

https://www.omc-stepperonline.com/c...4-motor-and-driver.html?mfp=16o-ship-from[61]

hi
i know i have few idea been told to not use hgr rails but i was thing to use existing one because instant to buy other rails,buy something else don't have.
i have been drawing a section of gantry and my intention is to fit stepper inside the gantry, I don't know if will affect change direction in acceleration, the belt i will using will be AT5 32mm wide. sorry for my drawing is beginner.
or shell i fit the motor in the bottom? thanks

Attachments

• picture2.png
    picture2.png
    160.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    283.4 KB · Views: 16
Put it behind or on top of the gantry. Fitting it inside will be a pain, it will not get as much cooling, and maintenance on the motors will be impossible without significant disassembly.

The HRD (or other profile) rails are fine, but they require quite a bit more care during the frame construction. If everything isn't extremely flat/straight, they bind up or wear out much more quickly. That's why I suggested bearing rollers - they're more tolerant of misalignment.

Ok understood, instead to asking many questions already answered to all my questions.
Enjoy rest of the Christmas and hope have a good new year

Back