CNC plasma cutting table ...

Just based on the pictures, the linear motion looks like ball bearings on aluminum tube, which is probably fine, but he actuation is with very long leadscrews. I'm not crazy about unprotected leadscrews in dusty environments, I expect they will probably wear quickly. Also, when they are that long they tend to whip a bit at higher feedrates, especialy ones with small diameters. Let us know how it turns out.

Well, I went ahead and ordered the crossfire pro. Couldn't find anything but positive reviews on the pro model. Got the optional Z axis control. Looked at the Wright model that Guns mentioned above, but it was 2k more for a smaller platform and almost $600 more for shipping. Time will tell how well it will work out, but I'm fairly confident I can improve on anything I'm not happy with design wise, and If I find myself doing production work, which I doubt, I may have to upgrade. I'm sure I'll be cursing the cnc learning curve, but I have to get my feet wet sometime. It won't be shipping until July, so I'll have time to get the new welding shop finished up, and build a venting system for the new plasma table. Cheers, Mike

A copy of the order for anyone who may be interested.
Order summary

qBR04IRVso2pHNBrsFi_Iqfsc9k2s9XBRq5OKVlYipSIBHbzNNMF873KTL2RnDybgqyGqElDT3mq_RhctN8SofjI4x_90EDSakYVF9OnNUBT7ONJU0VDgeq0S0iYOn8e9xW1quD-ocTjVEuCv-mgv_vNbkkHwLcnZkTkjCRzKw=s0-d-e1-ft
CrossFire PRO CNC Plasma Table × 1

$2,495.00​

Hpn7J1N7JgLP2U_UPXjOweC21Q0K35AtlzBFV1E0SKJ6JTbCXlFqlxEbwOgI8c7VROJqTawkkVH--Fan-A3yU0xKb1VIK2RyKnu5o-Nno8x31OQW4esyB_Sh_O5x3RsyQREGMAlLG7I1BT9y9PixbdwccdAwHU5-X_7p0LFeQ7I0NyK--HHwC1GpO8d4SK5lgJhy07IXwGXNAYd4wXDQ=s0-d-e1-ft
[PRO] Automatic Torch Height Controller × 1

$400.00​

Discount (MANCRAFTING)
$-100.00
Subtotal
$2,795.00
Shipping
$175.00

Total
$2,970.00 USD

Customer inform
So.....
How about an update on this unit
We are considering ordering one as well after missing 2 of them on FB marketplace this last week, one of which was NOS new in box that was never assembled after purchase for some reason or another.

Tough luck on the FB misses. Mines assembled and has been tested out. My son helped me with the program and we ran a few test cuts, which came out fine. Other than that it hasn't had any use, as I swore I wouldn't get into it until the shop was complete. Getting close on that goal, so hoping to put it to work this summer. Mike

Tough luck on the FB misses. Mines assembled and has been tested out. My son helped me with the program and we ran a few test cuts, which came out fine. Other than that it hasn't had any use, as I swore I wouldn't get into it until the shop was complete. Getting close on that goal, so hoping to put it to work this summer. Mike
Thanks for the reply!
There is another on CL about 2 hours from me that has been up for 3 weeks and was updated 4 days ago.
I have been unable to contact him, the only option is "reply through CL". Messaged him twice so far w/no response.

Not much of a description though.
What does the "XL upgrade" amount to?
Looks to be a 2x2 table from the pic

from the ad....
Table less than 3 months old, near new condition. Was set up and tested. Table has XL upgrades.

Comes with 50 amp plasma cutter.

Sounds like it may be table size upgrade, but can't say for sure. Mike

Thanks for the reply!
There is another on CL about 2 hours from me that has been up for 3 weeks and was updated 4 days ago.
I have been unable to contact him, the only option is "reply through CL". Messaged him twice so far w/no response.

from the ad....
Table less than 3 months old, near new condition. Was set up and tested. Table has XL upgrades.

Sounds like it may be table size upgrade, but can't say for sure. Mike
Only this one picture.
The more I look at it the less interested I become in this unit.
1676213772286.png

Thanks for the reply!

from the ad....

The XL gets you 10" more Y travel and 3" more Z. I bought mine about 3 years ago on CL. It is the XL with the water table, a must in my opinion. It also came with the Viper Cut 30i plasma cutter. Not having Z height control/sensing was an inconvenience for me, so I upgraded. In addition to getting height sensing which moved the torch for warped material, the upgrade came with a new control box with Langmuire's latest FireControl software. I upgraded to a Hypertherm 45XP too, with a machine torch and handheld torch for more flexibility, but the Vipercut was fine for thinner materials. It only came with the handheld torch. To upgrade to the machine torch, you need the machine torch holder, or you'll have to make one.

If the one you're looking at doesn't have the water table or Z height control, it should be very cheap. I paid $1,000 or $1,200 (I forget) for mine and then upgraded with what I mentioned above. I don't have the space for the larger table, but it would be my preference if only to handle full sheets. I don't do production and it's seen less use than I hoped for, but it is quite convenient. Now if I could just get better with Free Cad and Inkscape.

If I recall, @pontiac428 posted he ordered the Crossfire Pro. It was recent enough he may be waiting for it to arrive. Langmuir builds a good product for the intended price point. They recently merged with ShopSabre CNC.

That looks smaller than mine. I believe they had a full 8' option, but I figured I could always just add an independent support section to run full sheets through if necessary, but didn't want to eat up anymore floor space than I had to. Mike

I agree with Gaffer on the water table and z axis options. Mike

I got the Crossfire xl with torch height a few months ago, but haven't even unpacked it from the crates yet. That's part of this summer's project.

@finsruskw, I see nothing wrong in the photo. That as the z axis too. For your Cub Cadet shop, it would be a very useful tool.

Back