CNC plasma cutting table ...

Price seems good.
LOL that's an understatement! I'm not sure even HF could make one for that, if they did. Admittedly I've not checked into plasma in years but I never saw anything used for less than 10k. Be interesting to see what you find out.

That's without the plasma torch though, and it won't ship until July.

John

I have a Hobart plasma unit already. I will have to see if I can find any reviews on this unit. Mike

YES! I know a lot about them. Pass on it, many problems and it'll be a headache. Look for WRIGHT plasma tables. MUCH better machine and many upgrades you can do (same ballpark on $). I considered the langmuir until I went to Vegas and visited with Justin from the fabrication series (youtube) He does some amazing things with his FastCut CNC plasma, gave me a laundry list of issues with this machine. He offered to sell me his for a grand...may still have it if you feel like taking chances!

Well, I went ahead and ordered the crossfire pro. Couldn't find anything but positive reviews on the pro model. Got the optional Z axis control. Looked at the Wright model that Guns mentioned above, but it was 2k more for a smaller platform and almost $600 more for shipping. Time will tell how well it will work out, but I'm fairly confident I can improve on anything I'm not happy with design wise, and If I find myself doing production work, which I doubt, I may have to upgrade. I'm sure I'll be cursing the cnc learning curve, but I have to get my feet wet sometime. It won't be shipping until July, so I'll have time to get the new welding shop finished up, and build a venting system for the new plasma table. Cheers, Mike

A copy of the order for anyone who may be interested.
Order summary

qBR04IRVso2pHNBrsFi_Iqfsc9k2s9XBRq5OKVlYipSIBHbzNNMF873KTL2RnDybgqyGqElDT3mq_RhctN8SofjI4x_90EDSakYVF9OnNUBT7ONJU0VDgeq0S0iYOn8e9xW1quD-ocTjVEuCv-mgv_vNbkkHwLcnZkTkjCRzKw=s0-d-e1-ft
CrossFire PRO CNC Plasma Table × 1

$2,495.00​
Hpn7J1N7JgLP2U_UPXjOweC21Q0K35AtlzBFV1E0SKJ6JTbCXlFqlxEbwOgI8c7VROJqTawkkVH--Fan-A3yU0xKb1VIK2RyKnu5o-Nno8x31OQW4esyB_Sh_O5x3RsyQREGMAlLG7I1BT9y9PixbdwccdAwHU5-X_7p0LFeQ7I0NyK--HHwC1GpO8d4SK5lgJhy07IXwGXNAYd4wXDQ=s0-d-e1-ft
[PRO] Automatic Torch Height Controller × 1

$400.00​

Discount (MANCRAFTING)
$-100.00
Subtotal
$2,795.00
Shipping
$175.00

Total
$2,970.00 USD

Customer inform

I'm always trying to research stuff before I make a big leap. I tried looking up crossfire and the Wright and just like you said couldn't find anything bad(which was suspicious) but the Wright seemed to have an inordinate bunch of disgruntled people. Can't wait to see what happens when you get the new machine.

I thought about going plasma on my thing but because the whole pattern is 1/8" wide it's hard to find an affordable machine that can hold that accurately and it also is cut out of mild steel and it made the steel soft I guess from the heat. Clean up was also going to be a mess so I just gave up and stayed with laser cut.

Hope you didn't pay in advance....

John

Back