Cleaning tooling

We have a stadium here(on Oahu) that was designed by engineers to surface rust, and that was supposed to protect the metal from deep rusting. In a couple of years the "surface rust" was falling off in sheets, and cost millions to fix. So rust gets a mad face here....

When I heard they City fell for that one I just shook my head. I'm just a hobby guy but even I know better than that.

A sad face is more suitable, I think ... :(

I have not tried any of those products. I mostly use Camellia Oil and Corrosion Block or just plain hydraulic oil. The latter does not work that well for rust prevention but the other two do. I'll keep your suggestions in mind, though - thank you, Will.

I see ok. Sorry, I'm having posting issues, brain & eyes not working well tonight, had to edit my post. I was really trying to see if you had any experience with those products to give me feedback on. :D

But if they served as suggestions for you all the better! :)

Camelia oil as in the flower?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Btw the previous posts were hilarious!)

I dunno but I had a dream about Camelia who had a flower in her hair & was oiled....err um n/m. :big grin:

My experience with Boeshild was it left a waxy residue, dryer than LPS 3 though.

No, as in the seeds. They supposedly used it to preserve Samurai swords. I figured if it can keep a fine sword free of rust then its good enough to treat my tools with.

I dunno but I had a dream about Camelia who had a flower in her hair & was oiled....err um n/m. :big grin:

Cracked me up!! You've been eating them special brownies again, haven't you, Will ...

My experience with Boeshild was it left a waxy residue, dryer than LPS 3 though.

Like is it tacky & sticky or somewhat dry to the touch?

Did it prevent rust, Mike? I have LPS3 and used it on some new square tubing I wanted to store. It worked on all but the top surface, which rusted like everything else here.

Back