Clausing mill power feed

I don't think you will be successful. The clausing power feed was problematic, and all the current feeds are right hand feed.
I do like mine, it works well. Mr Pete came out with a video today, but in my opinion he did not do a great job. His speed needs to be adjusted with a pot, mine came with a super slow feed, to a fast speed. And plenty of torque. I can lock my table, and this will still feed through the lock. Powerful.

I just bought a couple X-axis power feeds from Vevor, about $125 each. They work well, in my opinion. The way these units work, there's a big brass bevel gear that is hollow with a keyway. To adapt this to anything else, make a shaft that attaches to the original equipment, passes through the brass gear, and is keyed to the gear. You can extend the shaft if needed to attach either the original handles or something new. If the unit rotates the wrong way for the direction selector, reverse the motor wiring. It's easy to access these connections when the cover is off.

Be careful if you want to change the orientation of the direction selector handle, say, to turn it into a Z axis. In the units I have it's keyed with a roll pin to prevent over travel, as that will break the goofy plastic pieces inside.

Yes, I watched his video today. In the comments section, several mentioned they had the same unit, and that his was probably defective, and he has spoken with the manufacturer rep to work it out.

Back