Clausing 8520 Mill

No, no power feeds that I am aware of but it is adaptable. It does have a fine down feed.

"Billy G" :thinking:

Light Nylon, it is flexable. There is a rubber washer on both sides of the frame attached to the nylon. There will also be Fender Washers to equally distribute the torque of the bolt and nut. We have done them like this a few times now. They work fine and last a lifetime.

"Billy G" :))

I will take one off and show you how it was done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice fix! I googled these mills (have heard about them but kinda pushed them off do to their size). But now I'm looking hard at em lol. Maybe Santa will bring me some goodies lol:rofl:

Chris

That Mill may look small in size, but weight wise it's close to 800 lbs. It's also as rigid as they come. Below is a picture of the parts that replace the old rubber isolators. On the yellow paper is an old one.

"Billy G" :))

claus (700 x 525).jpg

I have seen them without the isolators before. They go a long way in stopping vibration. Even my drill press has them.

"Billy G"

I've seen much worse damage to tables but this one still warrents grinding. It looks like someone used it for an anvil. It's has spots that are .030 deep. Also someone was not watching while drilling. Ouch.

"Billy G" :whistle:

claus 005 (700 x 525).jpg claus 006 (700 x 525).jpg claus 007 (700 x 525).jpg

Wow. Are you going to send it out to grind or do you have the capability in your shop?

Chris

Back