Clausing 8520 Mill

I'm afraid this time it has to go out. Table is 6X24. Too big for me to do. So much for ready to run. :lmao:

"Billy G":thinking:

Nice score on the mill. Why not just stone down the high spots and use it for awhile?

Paul

a really nice mill. there was one posted locally a month ago, I had to keep myself from buying it as I think it's on par with my G0619, with some pros/cons to each, but it looks like such a solid machine. I'm not sure I did the right thing of NOT getting it ;)

Nice score on the mill. Why not just stone down the high spots and use it for awhile?

Paul

Paul;

It's one big high spot with a whole bunch of bad dings in one end. It can be used as is no problem it just bothers me. I have used all brands of milling machines and have yet to find any reason to beat them with a hammer.

"Billy G" :nono:

I have used all brands of milling machines and have yet to find any reason to beat them with a hammer.

you are just too nice of a machinist... sometimes a hammer is just necessary to show the mill who's boss!

by the way- is this the machine that was posted on Boston CL that came with the vise and a dividing head?

Last edited by a moderator:
bill do you have an idea what it would cost to have it reground? i'm just curious to the cost for future purchases
steve

I will get back to you tomorrow on that one. I have to find a place that can do it first. Sadly a lot of these type shops are now gone.

"Billy G" :thinking:

A mill is like your girlfriend, when she is cranky you don't beat on her with a hammer do you? Beating on the mill with a hammer, or anything else, will not change the outcome., and it will only get worse. No this mill has never been listed for sale anywhere.

my comment was posted with the utmost level of humor included (I guess it's my bad for not adding a silly face with it :dunno:)... now I could comment about the gfriend response... but this joke just might put me in way too much trouble :bitingnails: :p

I understood the humor, I just couldn't resist the answer. To quote Flip Wilson, "The devil made me do it." :lmao:

"Billy G" :))

I understood the humor, I just couldn't resist the answer. To quote Flip Wilson, "The devil made me do it." :lmao:

"Billy G" :))

resistance is futile!

looking forward to seeing this one put to work. curious how you'd like it, and how solid it is as a mill. seeing how my clausing lathe compares to others I suspect this would be just as stout.

Back