Cincinnati 1b Knee Mill Journeys to MN

GK1918 and others I see where you can't find a clear wiring diagram for the No. 1 series tool masters . I have a very high qaulity copy on my website a long with the full manual if anyone would like to download them.

I understand how it's supposed to be wired . It is rather simple when it comes down to it.

http://stellarsmithing.com/cincinnatiTM

GK1918 and others I see where you can't find a clear wiring diagram for the No. 1 series tool masters . I have a very high qaulity copy on my website a long with the full manual if anyone would like to download them.

I understand how it's supposed to be wired . It is rather simple when it comes down to it.

http://stellarsmithing.com/cincinnatiTM

Thank you! This manual is much more complete and the images are much more clear than the others I've found.

Daryl
MN

Got a Gilmer turned to size and fitted.
Built up one of the aluminum 4 step pulleys where she was broken and worn and turned true.
I ended up carefully cutting the other 4 step off the shaft, and purchased a replacement off eBay.
Replaced belts.

Fired her up!!
She runs so smooth and quiet.

Building a gantry to get her off the pallet.

You can try an engine hoist. she maybe hefty (some girls like "old fashioned figured") but a hoist should pick it up. depends on the space, time and steel you ahve available.

not to hijack, but Cincinnati ja those manuals are awesome! you saved me from hours of internet search hell.

You can try an engine hoist. she maybe hefty (some girls like "old fashioned figured") but a hoist should pick it up. depends on the space, time and steel you ahve available.

not to hijack, but Cincinnati ja those manuals are awesome! you saved me from hours of internet search hell.

Toag thanks for the suggestion.
I tried the engine hoist. Was getting more deflection out of the beam and hydraulic jack ram than I was comfortable with. My alternative was to take off the knee and arm in order to reduce weight and then reassemble. I would have but everything is moving well I didn't see a reason for a complete rebuild.

thats worrisome (for me!) i was planning to move one with a hoist... guess i'll go to plan B.

another way is if you can get shims under it on the front and rear of the base, and use a pry bar to remove them one at a time. i use shims and a pinch bar to get rollers under machines, it is amazing how high you can shim up a machine given enough time. or make a gantry )

Why don't you look into renting a mini forklift or skid steer ? They can get into garages and it can't be too much for a day to rent . They will even drop them off to your house . I made a deal with a neighbor and did some blacksmithing work for the use of his flat bed and skid steer .

Why don't you look into renting a mini forklift or skid steer ? They can get into garages and it can't be too much for a day to rent . They will even drop them off to your house . I made a deal with a neighbor and did some blacksmithing work for the use of his flat bed and skid steer .

Sorry.
I should have posted an update.
Built a gantry.
Lifted her off the pallet and onto a cart.
Cart made of unequal leg 1/4 angle, two cast steel wheels in back on brass bushings, my low profile 3-1/2 ton car jack sneaks under the front, lift and pulls like a wagon using the jack handle.

The gantry will be re-purposed to lifting stock for my Gisholt turret lathe, horizontal bandsaw, and OA track cutting table.

Daryl
MN

Sorry.
I should have posted an update.
Built a gantry.
Lifted her off the pallet and onto a cart.
Cart made of unequal leg 1/4 angle, two cast steel wheels in back on brass bushings, my low profile 3-1/2 ton car jack sneaks under the front, lift and pulls like a wagon using the jack handle.

The gantry will be re-purposed to lifting stock for my Gisholt turret lathe, horizontal bandsaw, and OA track cutting table.

Daryl
MN

Are you not bolting the machine down?

Are you not bolting the machine down?

I'm no machinist.
Clearly learning mode.
I've heard mixed things about the benefits of bolting a mill to the floor.
Primarily that it doesn't matter to a mill (completely different with a lathe).
However, I'm open to suggestions/input.

Daryl
MN

Back