Cheaply Made Chinese Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a lot people do not know Taiwanese ran the manufacturing might of China. When I repatriate in 2004, in Shanghai alone there were over 500K Taiwanese scattered across all industries. Why Taiwanese? They have the knowledge, experience, and speak the business language, and they got paid very handsomely. Despite the saber rattling, between China and Taiwan it is all about making money.

In the Dalian area some of the machine manufacturing were ran by Germans

Will you ride in a high speed train made in China? Google the high speed train in China. For laughs and giggles look up Mag Lev from Pudong to Shanghai.

I've been in manufacturing for over a decade now, and while you all agree that bad products are unintentional, I can tell you that quality takes a serious hit when morale is low.

People are more than happy to slap the name of their company on a skid of product that has serious flaws if you treat them bad enough.

here is one advantage of very cheap items -- you can abuse the hell out of them and not give a damn.
View attachment 131942
Speak for yourself...

I don't like to damage ANY tool, though cheap and less treasured tools are certainly easier to blow off. I often spend inordinate amounts of time making cheap tools right, from original quality issues, or from an early demise...

I've been in manufacturing for over a decade now, and while you all agree that bad products are unintentional, I can tell you that quality takes a serious hit when morale is low.

People are more than happy to slap the name of their company on a skid of product that has serious flaws if you treat them bad enough.

That same basic ideaology applies to almost every occupation, yet seems to be overlooked in business schools. I call it the difference between being a manager, and a leader.

Speaking of cheap Chinese made stuff. What do members think of the ER20 colletes and collet holders. I'm particularly looking at a #3 MT ER 20 collet holder,with M16 x 1.75 thread for draw bar, plus a set of collets. They are generally sold on eBay by many sellers and are unbranded. They look quite good in the photos, but are they any good when put to the test. They won't be used for really heavy work as long as they are reasonably accurate.

Speaking of cheap Chinese made stuff. What do members think of the ER20 colletes and collet holders. ....snip......
I have several in the ER11, ER20, ER32 sizes. So far so good. I've modified a couple for applications where needed. Most of the holders are fairly hard, 50-55 HRC range.
Have had no problems with runout, all well within specifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back